Epiphone Limited Edition G-1275 Double Neck Electric Guitar
Extended Range Electric Guitars
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
The classic SG doubleneck.
The original "1235" doubleneck made at the legendary Kalamazoo, Michigan factory was introduced in 1963 and quickly become one of the most sought-after guitars in rock. Elvis Presley, bluesman Earl Hooker, Pete Townshend of The Who and John McLaughlin are just a few who caught on quickly to the "1235" and found it a stunning way to make an entrance on stage and on record. But the "1235" is primarily recognized as the guitar Jimmy Page used in countless Led Zeppelin concerts and recording sessions, most notably on the classic "Stairway to Heaven." A vintage "1235" or "SG double neck" is hardly ever seen in the wild and has been known primarily a custom-made guitar mostly seen in the hands of rock's elite. Until now.
Leave it to Epiphone to put the "1235" doubleneck monster back in play with the G-1275 Custom, an affordable version of the original "1235" with all of its true glory, sound, and style but without the vintage price tag or vintage problems of the original.
The SG Story
When the SG or "Solid Guitar" was introduced in 1961 as a replacement for the Les Paul, it was called the "fretless wonder" for its low frets and fast action. The twin horn cutaway design was like nothing on the market and its light but balanced weight made it the perfect guitar for stage and studio work. The Les Paul Custom SG featured three humbucker pickups, and since then, the SG has became the go-to guitar for artists like The Who's Pete Townshend, Tony Iommi, Paul Weller, AC/DC's Angus Young, Jimmy Page and Derek Trucks of the Allman Brothers Band. The original "1235" capitalized on the SG's stunning looks, futuristic sound, and lightweight mahogany body. Now Epiphone brings the guitar back to life as only they can.
High Flying Sound
The G-1275 Custom isn't just eye-catching, it sounds extraordinary, too. The 12-string half of the G-1275 Custom features an Alnico Classic humbucker in the neck position and an Alnico Classic Plus humbucker in the bridge position. The 6-string features an open coil Alnico Classic humbucker in the neck and an open coil Alnico Classic Plus humbucker at the bridge to give the guitar an even more distinctive look. Both pickups are controlled by full function volume and tone knobs using full-size 500K O potentiometers.
Epiphone Hardware You Can Trust
Epiphone has also re created the one-of-a-kind hardware and pickguard that make the G-1275 Custom one of the most easily recognized guitars in rock. The 6-string and 12-string each have their own Epiphone all-metal 3-way toggle switch to select each guitar's pickups. There is also a second "master" all-metal 3-way toggle switch located between the 6-string and 12-string bridge. From here, players can choose the 12-string (up), the 6-string (down) or both (middle) for unlimited possibilities.
The G-1275 Custom features our famous LockTone bridge and special ABS style "Claw" tailpiece which yields incredible sustain (and great looks).
Custom Double Neck
Epiphone's G-1275 Custom begins with fabulous attention to detail starting with a Cherry, SG-style mahogany body with a flame maple top. Both the 12-string and 6-string necks feature hand-set glued mahogany necks with a 12" radius and a 25.75" scale. Both necks also feature rosewood fingerboards with medium jumbo frets and pearloid parallelogram block inlays. The 12-string features a 1.85" nut width while the 6-string is cut to the standard 1.68."
Case sold separately.
- Body: mahogany
- Top: Flame maple
- Necks: mahogany, glued-in (6-and 12-string)
- Scale: 24.75" (12-string), 24.75" (6-string)
- Neck Profiles: SlimTaper "D" (6-and 12-string)
- Nut width: 12-string: 1.85" / 6-string: 1.68"
- Fingerboard: rosewood medium jumbo frets with pearloid parallelogram (6-and 12-string)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (6-and 12-string)
- Pickup (12-string) Neck: Alnico Classic humbucker/Bridge: Alnico Classic Plus humbucker
- Pickup (6-string) Neck: Open coil Alnico Classic humbucker /Bridge: Open coil Alnico Classic Plus humbucker
- Bridge: LockTone Tune-O-Matic (6-and 12-string)
- Tailpiece: Claw/ABS style (6-and 12-string)
- Controls: Neck pickup (6-and 12-string): 1-Volume, 1-Tone /Bridge pickup(6-and 12-string): 1-Volume, 1-Tone Individual 3-way toggle switch for 6-string and 12-string bodies Master 3-way toggle activates 6-string, 12-string, or combination 6-and 12-string. All controls feature full-size 500K O potentiometers
- Hardware: Nickel
- Case sold separately
Sometimes two necks are better than one. Order today.