Epiphone 50th Ann. "1962" Sorrento Outfit Electric GuitarProduct #H82697 Epiphone H82697 AAH Semi-Hollow and Hollow Body Electric Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
A sharp re-creation of Epiphone's classic thinline hollowbody.
The 50th Anniversary "1962" Sorrento E452TDN Outfit features a laminated maple top and body, a mahogany neck with a 1960s SlipTaper™ profile, a rosewood fingerboard with dot inlays, 20 medium jumbo frets, historically accurate binding and tortoise style pickguard, and Gibson USA mini-humbuckers. Like the Casino, the Sorrento is a completely hollow design that makes for a lightweight guitar with a wide range of tones.
The Tune-o-matic™ floating bridge has a rosewood bridge base with a reissue of the original classic trapeze tailpiece. The Sorrento's electronics are top-notch Epiphone quality with CTS potentiometers, a ¼" non-rotating output jack, and gold TopHat controls to go along with Wilkinson™ Vintage Style machine heads with small buttons and a 14:1 tuning ratio. The dovewing headstock has a classic Epiphone metal logo badge and there is also a historically accurate "blue rectangular" Epiphone label. The "1962" Sorrento comes with a period-correct hard case and a 1962 Collection Certificate of Authenticity.
All three of these Epiphone classics will be issued in limited quantities of 1,962 pieces.
All of the "1962" Collection instruments were designed by Epiphone luthiers who worked from the best examples of vintage originals found in Epiphone's own collection in Nashville. Measure for measure, the "1962" Collection recreates the look, sound, and feel of the originals first produced at the Gibson & Epiphone factory in Kalamazoo, Michigan in 1962, the same factory that produced the Les Paul Standard, the SG, and the 335. Includes case.
- Laminated maple top and body
- Mahogany neck with a 1960s SlipTaper™ profile
- Rosewood fingerboard with dot inlays
- 20 medium jumbo frets
- Tortoise style pickguard
- Gibson USA mini-humbuckers
- Tune-o-matic™ floating bridge with rosewood bridge base
- Classic Trapeze tailpiece
- CTS potentiometers
- Wilkinson™ Vintage Style machine heads
- Dovewing headstock has a classic Epiphone metal logo badge
- Includes period-correct hard case
Pay tribute to a key year in Epiphone's history. Order today.
50th Ann. "1962" Sorrento Outfit Electric Guitar Specifications:
- Top Material: Laminated Maple
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: 1960's SlimTaper™
- Neck Joint: Glued-In
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-Layer (Black/White)
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood w/"Pearloid" Dot Inlays
- Headstock: Dovewing 3-on-a-side w/Vintage Metal Epiphone Logo Badge
- Bridge Pickup: Gibson USA Mini-Humbucker
- Neck Pickup: Gibson USA Mini-Humbucker
- Controls: Volume - Bridge Pickup, Volume - Neck Pickup, Tone - Bridge pickup, Tone - Neck Pickup, 3-way Toggle Pickup Selector (CTS Potentiometers)
- Binding Headstock: None
- Binding Body: Top & Back - 1-Layer (White)
- Binding Neck: None
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 20; Medium-Jumbo
- Bridge: Tune-o-matic on "Floating" Rosewood Bridge Base
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Wilkinson™ Vintage with Small Plastic Buttons; 14:1 Ratio
- Pickguard: Imitation Tortoise w/Vintage Foil "E"
- Tailpiece: 1962 Trapeze Reissue
- Knobs: Gold Top Hats w/Metal Inserts
- Other: Period Correct Blue Rectangle Serial Number Label
- Includes: 1962 Collection Certificate of Authenticity, Presentation Binder with Collection Photo, 1962 Hard Case Reissue, Epiphone User's Manual, Truss Rod Wrench, Poster, Bumper Sticker, Warranty Information