Cordoba Acero D9 Acoustic Guitar
6 String Acoustic Guitars
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
An ode to classic Spanish guitar design with an integrated neck joint and special bracing pattern for a lightweight, long-lasting acoustic.
The D9 dreadnought features the classic combination of a solid Sitka spruce top and solid mahogany back and sides, giving it a warm and balanced sound great for all musical styles. It also has a beautiful rosewood bridge, mahogany binding and rosewood fingerboard. The styling is refined and sleek, using acacia wood for the rosette and 12th fret fingerboard inlays, capped off with Cordoba’s signature elevated headstock with a mahogany overlay. The finish is a thinly applied high gloss polyurethane. Other features include a TUSQ nut and saddle, chrome Grover tuners, Elixir NANOWEB Light Gauge (.012-.053) strings, and a Cordoba deluxe archtop wood case with built-in HumiCase humidification.
The D9 is the first of Cordoba’s new Acero Series, a line of boutique, all-solid steel strings approached from a classical or Spanish guitar building perspective. Most notably, Cordoba is using an integrated neck joint or “Spanish Heel” instead of a traditional dovetail joint to join the body and neck of the guitar. This method of construction offers a lighter weight and more stable heel joint that increases resonance and is less prone to movement as the guitar ages. The bracing pattern is a hybrid of a Torres style Spanish fan pattern and X-bracing, and allows the top to vibrate openly with an explosive attack and warm, sweet tone.
- Top: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back and Sides: Solid mahogany
- Binding/Bridge: Rosewood bridge / Mahogany binding
- Rosette: All-natural inlaid acacia double-ring
- Finish: High-gloss polyurethane
- Neck/Fingerboard: Mahogany neck/Rosewood fingerboard
- Truss Rod: Yes
- Scale Length: 648mm (25.5")
- Nut Width: 45mm (1.8")
- String Spacing at Saddle: 55mm
- Fret Marker Inlays: Maple on side of the fingerboard 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 15, 17
- Number of Frets: 14 frets to the body, 20 total
- Bracing/Build: Hybrid fan / X-bracing
- Body Width and Length: 11.5" width at the upper bout / 15.75" width at the lower bout / 19.75" body length / 40.5" overall length
- Overall Length: 40.5"
- Body Depth: 4" depth at upper bout / 4.5" depth at lower bout
- Tuning Machines: Grover in Chrome
- Strings: Elixir Phospor Bronze NANOWEB Standard Light 12-53
- Electronics: Not applicable
- Tap Plate/Pick Guard: Optional clear Cordoba pick guard included in case
- Case: Hardshell Cordoba humidified archtop case
Boutique style at a non-boutique price. Order today!