Cordoba Acero D11-CE Acoustic-Electric Guitar
6 String Acoustic Guitars
- Write a Review
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
All the advantages of Spanish guitar building applied to a full-size steel-string.
The D11-CE is the top of Cordoba’s new Acero line, a line of all-solid steel strings approached from a classical or Spanish guitar building perspective. Most notably, Cordoba is using an integrated neck joint or “Spanish Heel” instead of a traditional dovetail joint to join the body and neck of the guitar. This method of construction offers a lighter weight and more stable heel joint that increases resonance and is less prone to movement as the guitar ages. The bracing pattern is a hybrid of a Torres style Spanish fan pattern and X-bracing, and allows the top to move freely with an explosive attack and rich resonant tone.
The D11-CE dreadnought features all-solid acacia for the back and sides which give it a clear, bright tone, and distinctive figured appearance. The D11-CE also features a solid Sitka spruce top along with a beautiful ebony fingerboard and rosewood bridge and binding. The styling is refined and sleek, using Acacia wood on the double-ring rosette and 12th fret fingerboard inlays, capped off with Cordoba’s signature elevated headstock with an acacia strip and mother-of-pearl inlay. The finish is a thinly applied high gloss polyurethane. The D11-CE also comes with the Acoustic Fidelity System II (AFS), Cordoba’s new proprietary pickup that offers both piezo and mic blending capabilities. Other features include a TUSQ nut and saddle, gold Grover tuners, Elixir NANOWEB Light Gauge (.012-.053) strings, and a Cordoba deluxe archtop wood case with built in HumiCase humidification.
- Top: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back and Sides: Solid figured acacia
- Binding/Bridge: Rosewood bridge & binding
- Rosette: All-natural inlaid acacia double-ring
- Finish: High gloss pickup
- Neck/Fingerboard: Mahogany neck/Ebony fingerboard
- Truss Rod: Yes
- Scale Length: 648mm (25.5")
- Nut Width: 45mm (1.8")
- String Spacing at Saddle: 55mm
- Fret Marker Inlays: Maple on side of the fingerboard 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 15, 17
- Nut/Saddle: TUSQ
- Number of Frets: 14 frets to the body, 20 total
- Bracing/Build: Hybrid fan / X-bracing
- Body Width & Length: 11.5" width at the upper bout / 15.75" width at the lower bout / 19.75" body length / 40.5" overall length
- Overall Length: 40.5"
- Body Depth: 4" depth at upper bout / 4.5" depth at lower bout
- Tuning Machines: Grover in Gold
- Strings: Elixir® Phospor Bronze NANOWEB® Standard Light 12-53
- Electronics: Cordoba AFS II
- Tap Plate/Pick Guard: Optional clear Cordoba pick guard included in case
- Case: Hardshell Cordoba humidified archtop case
Experience this new generation of acoustic steel-string guitar. Order today.