Blueridge Historic Series BG-140 Slope-Shoulder Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
6 String Acoustic Guitars
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
A vintage style instrument that combines excellent playability with a warm and expansive tone.
The new BG-140 from Blueridge features the famous "slope-shoulder" design made famous throughout the 1950's and is still a favorite among players and vintage instrument collectors. This guitars characteristic short scale and large lower bout made from solid mahogany produce a guitar with an incredibly warm, booming tone and unmatched playability!
Blueridge is an offshoot of the South San Francisco-based Saga Musical Instrument Company. Blueridge specializes in "traditional" guitars that offer today's player vintage styling with modern performance at a level of quality and price that compares favorably to historic guitars. Each instrument is the result of detailed research and is carefully crafted at the Blueridge factory. Consistency is evident throughout, from the fretwork to the intricate inlays that adorn each Blueridge headstock.
- Solid Sitka spruce top with Saga's exclusive vintage sunburst finish
- Choice solid mahogany back and sides
- Carved mahogany, low profile neck with rosewood fingerboard and adjustable truss rod
- Dovetail neck joint
- Rosewood bridge and bridgeplate
- Bone nut and saddle
- Open-back vintage style tuners with grained ivoroid buttons
- Dalmatian tortoise pickguard in a vintage shape
- Scale length of 24 3/4 inches and a lower bout of 16 inches for deep warm bassy sound with just the right amount of highs to cut through the mix
- Nut width of 1 11/16 inch
- The exclusive, "Century Wreath" peghead and fingerboard inlay pattern
They still make 'em like they used to. Order today.