Guyatone Mighty Micro Series CBm5 Cool Booster Guitar Effects Pedal
Fuzz & Boost Effects Pedals
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
Whatever style of music you play, keep it cool (and loud) with the CBm5 Cool Booster.
An updated version of Guyatone's popular CB-3, the CBm5 Cool Booster offers a wide variety of useful boost functions in an extremely compact footprint.
The Level and Boost controls allow the user to adjust the degree of level boost and distortion to exacting degrees. You can boost solo passages, or distort an input signal while maintaining unity gain with the bypassed sound. The CBm5's dual mode switch alternates between clean and dirty boost sounds, the latter of which can be further tailored using the unit's Input Attenuator control. The CBm5's versatile Low-Boost/Hi-Boost Tone circuit allows the CBm5 to work equally well with Guitar or Bass.
Based on Guyatone's award-winning Micro Series effects, the Mighty Micros offer professional-grade features and exceptional sound quality in an ultra-compact, lightweight chassis that is 33% smaller and 50% lighter than your average stompbox.
The Guyatone Mighty Micros offer many improvements and additional features that Guyatone users have demanded, all packed into a rugged enclosure that retains the same-sized footprint as the original Micro Series effects.
Designed for the professional, working musician, Guyatone Mighty Micros feature superior-grade component selection for improved sound quality. Adjustable internal Input Attenuators allow use with a variety of instrument or input signals. All Guyatone Mighty Micros are covered by a 3-year parts and labor warranty through the manufacturer.
- Ultra-bright status LED Cast aluminum stompguard
- Improved functionality over Micro Series pedals
- Top mounted jacks
- Lightweight, ultra-durable cast-aluminum chassis reduces noise level
- Glow-in-the-dark washer for bypass switch
- Mechanical true-bypass switching via custom Guyatone switch
- Top mounted, no-tools battery compartment
- "Smart screw" makes battery changing easier and stays connected to battery lid via permanent retaining washers
- LEVEL: Adjusts output level when effect is engaged. Turn clockwise to increase volume.
- TONE: Adjusts Tone when effect is activated. Turn clockwise to boost high-frequency, turn counter-clockwise to boost low frequencies (low-boost, hi-boost).
- BOOST: Adjusts Boost level when effect is engaged. Turn clockwise to increase Boost.
- MODE: Selects Boost mode
- A: Clean Boost—a silky, yet bright drive sound.
- B: Crunch Sound (influenced by input level)
- INPUT ATTENUATOR: Selects proper input sensitivity against output level from connected instruments. Standard setting is at MAX position. Turn counterclockwise to reduce input signal when sound is distorted due to high input signals. By regulating input sensitivity, a wide variety of tonal characters can be achieved.
Mighty Micro Series CBm5 Cool Booster Guitar Effects Pedal Specifications:
- Controls: LEVEL/ TONE / BOOST / INPUT ATTENUATOR
- Jacks: INPUT/OUTPUT/DC IN
- Switch: EFFECT ON/OFF (True Bypass) / MODE (A/B)
- Indicator: EFFECT ON/OFF
- Input impedance: 250 kOHM
- Output impedance: Less than 25 kOHM
- Current consumption: 6 mA (at effect ON)
- Power requirement: DC 9V 006P (6F22)/AC-2 Adaptor
- Dimensions: 2-6/10" (W) x 3-9/10" (D) x 2-3/10" (H)
- Weight: 8.25 oz. (without battery)
- Warranty: 3-year parts and labor