- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
Washburn Sonny Smith B160 has a vintage look and many redesigned features.
For the B160, Washburn collaborated with banjo virtuoso Sonny Smith, winner of the 1998 National Banjo Championship. Sonny developed this banjo with a wider fretboard to accommodate bigger fingers, and also moved the 5th string nut between the 5th and 6th fret for improved tone, sustain and intonation. It also has a redesigned smaller headstock and is fully bound with old style inlays.
- Bell Brass tone ring
- Flamed maple neck & resonator
- Sunburst finish
- 24 tension brackets
- Fingerboard radius flat
- Deluxe Split Block inlays
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Black/white truss rod cover
- Maple bass with Rosewood tip bridge
- Tension Tailpiece
B160 Sonny Smith Sunburst 5-String Banjo w/case Specifications:
- Body: Bell Brass tone ring, Remo high tension head, 24 tension brackets
- Case Included: No
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Frets: 22 medium
- Hardware: Chrome geared tuning machine
- Neck Material: Maple
- Resonator: Maple