- Buy New
All the functionality and fun of a traditional accordion in a smaller, digitally enhanced package
The revolutionary Roland V-Accordion FR-1 (piano style) or FR-1B (button type) is perfect for young beginners and music schools, yet its uncompromising sound quality makes it ideal for stage performers and keyboardists too.
The ultra-light, smaller sized accordion has a long battery life (uses 8 x "AA" type 2000mAH Ni-MH batteries) to provide you with over 5 hours of performance per pack.
Make Your FR-1/1B Unique
Roland V-Accordions come with 6 variations of inlay sheets that enable you to change the appearance of yours whenever you like. You can also create your own custom-designed inlay sheets using your printer and A4 sized paper or by using any kind of commercially designed paper.
Play Anytime and Anywhere
With high-quality earphones included in the FR-1/FR-1B package the V-Accordion is extremely convenient for practicing at night and without disturbing your family or neighbors.
Advanced Musical Expression
With the Roland FR-1/1B, you can simulate up to 7 different accordions. With the innovative 4 Organ presets (Harmonic Bar) and rotary effect, you can produce amazing organ sounds as well. You can even play your own beats, adding drums with the bass and chord buttons.
- Extremely lightweight and portable
- Instantly switch between classic accordions, tunings, and orchestral instruments
- Built-in reverb, chorus, rotary, and effects
- Ideal for young students and stage performers
- Right hand: 26 keys, velocity sensitive (starting at B key)
- Left hand: 72 velocity-sensitive buttons
- Bellows: Real pneumatic detection of bellows pressure (high-resolution pressure sensor), bellows resistance regulator
- Maximum polyphony: 128 voices
- Tones: 7 accordion sets (each including: 8 Treble registers, 3 Bass registers, 3 Orchestra Bass registers, 3 Orchestra Chord registers, 4 Orchestra sounds, 4 Organ sounds)
- Treble reed footages: 4
- Bass reed footages: 5
- Chord reed footages: 3
- Noises: stopping-reed growl, closing valve noise, left button noise
- Individual reed simulation: hysteresis threshold, Expression curve, pressure-variant filter, pressure variant pitch deviation
- Reed sound wave switching: by bellows acceleration, by note repetition speed
- Micro tuning presets: 15 (Dry, Classic, F-Folk, American L/H, North Europe, German L/H, D-Folk L/H, Alpine, Italian L/H, French, Scottish)
- Reverb: 8 types
- Chorus: 8 types
- Rotary: Slow/Fast (for organ sounds)
- Knob controls: Volume/power
- Registers: 4x Treble, Orchestra, Organ, Set, 3x Bass, Orchestra Bass, Orchestra Chord
- Buttons: Orchestra/Organ, Orch Bass, Orch Chord, Left Register, Drums/Default, Song/Demo, User Prog/Dec, Metronome/Inc.
- Bass 2Bs Rows, 3Bs Rows A-7th, 3Bs rows A-5dim, 3Bs Rows B-7th, 3Bs Rows B-5dim, 3Bs Rows Bx
- Treble modes (Button-type): C-Griff Europe, C-Griff2, B-Griff Bajan, B-Griff Fin, D-Griff 1, D-Griff 2 -Octave: Down (-), 0, Up (+) (for Treble, Orchestra and Organ)
- Drums: 4 drum/percussion sets
- Song: 4 preset songs with selectable mute function for left-or right- hand part
- Power Supply: Supplied external adaptor or optional batteries
- Power Consumption: 375 mA (using external adaptor)
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Approx. 5.5 hours (Optional 8 x AA type Ni-MH 2000 mAh batteries)
- This varies depending on the actual conditions of use
- Be sure to only use rechargeable Ni-MH AA-type batteries. Carbon and alkaline batteries should not be used.
- Headphones jack (Stereo)
- Output Jack: L/Mono (Treble), R/Mono (Bass)
- MIDI connector: OUT, IN (adjustable via Function parameter)
- DC IN Jack
- Power Supply: External AC adaptor (100 to 240 V, universal)
- Metronome: (Time Signature: 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 6/8, 9/8), (Tempo: 20-250), (Level: Off, Low, Medium, High)
- 1/4" to 1/4" phone (guitar) cable
- Earphones (with 1/8" to 1/4" plug adaptor)
- AC adaptor
- Quick Start manual
- CD-ROM with Owner's Manual
- Reference caps for the treble buttons (Button-type)
- Strip for securing the adapter, MIDI and/or audio cables
- Hexagonal wrench
- Replaceable "traforo" inlay sheets: 5
Order the unique FR-1 V-Accordion today!
FR-1 V-Accordion Piano or Button Type Specifications:
- Size and Weight
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 365mm x 195mm x 395mm, 14-3/8" x 7-11/16" x 15-9/16"
- Weight: 5.5kg, 12lb. 3 oz.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Roland FR-1 V-Accordion Piano or Button Type:
This is a fantastic instrument. We have two in the family. I own the chromatic button version and my wife owns the piano version. Like any electronic instrument, it must be connected to a proper audio amplifier/speaker system, and of course the volume and sound quality that you get depends on the characteristics of that system. Given a proper audio system, the sampled sound quality from the FR-1 is impressive. The various accordion sounds are very authentic. The orchestral clarinet and sax are award winning. The organ sounds are absolutely beautiful. It even has percussion sounds. As a beginner level, amateur musician, I especially like the ease of use of the FR-1. All the features are straightforward and easy to use, and the default configuration is appropriate for all of my playing. A simple search on YouTube will reveal plenty of competent people at all performance levels, from world class virtuosos like Ludovic Beier to average beginners like myself. I especially like the bellows action and dynamic performance of the FR-1. The FR-1 is a very economical opportunity to experience the world of electronic accordions.