The legend is back and better than ever.
The Regal RC-2 Duolian has been a favorite with blues legends since it was first introduced in 1931. This modern version has been upgraded with a fully adjustable neck, a rosewood fingerboard, and a 14th-fret neck joint. 15:1 ratio machine heads tune easily and securely. The rolled-in F-holes, coverplate, and tailpiece are true to the vintage original Duolian. The spun resonator cone with wooden biscuit bridge provides the amazing tone that has made this guitar a classic.
The Duolian was a favorite with blues legends such as Son House, Bukka White, and Tampa Red when it first appeared in 1931, because it offered the volume and projection they needed while maintaining the tone they required. As its sound spread throughout the Delta more and more musicians turned to the Duolian, and it became the amplified guitar of the 1930s with its sharp attack and rapid decay. When the blues migrated from the Mississippi Delta to Chicago, so did the Duolian. It became a staple of the south side Chicago blues scene in the '40s, '50s, and beyond.
- Back and Side Material: Bell Brass
- Binding: None
- Body/Top Material: Bell Brass
- Body Plating: Nickel-plated
- Body Style: Duolian
- Bridge Type: Biscuit-StyleCover Plate Design: Colander Pattern
- NeckFingerboard and Peghead Binding: None
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: ABS Dots
- Hardware Plating: Nickel
- Headstock Style: Solid
- Inlay Style: Deco Overlay
- Neck Finish: Natural High Gloss
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Round
- Number of Frets Clear: 14
- Number of Frets Total: 19
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1-3/4"
- Peghead OverlayPearloid
- Recommended Strings
- Resonator9 1/2" Spun Aluminum Cone
- Scale Length25"
- Soundhole ShapeF-Hole
- Top PurflingNone
- Truss RodAdjustable
- Tuning Machine PlatingChrome
- Tuning MachinesModern Sealed Gear with Metal Buttons
If you're going to play the blues, you better have the right axe. Order the Duolian today.