Oscar Schmidt Cutaway Acoustic Electric Bajo SextoProduct #514024 Oscar Schmidt 514024 TAL Latin Strings https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
Traditional sound with quality craftsmanship and beautiful finishing touches.
The cutaway Oscar Schmidt Acoustic-Electric Bajo Sexto has a genuine solid cedar top that generates big volume and active electronics and a pickup that amplify it to any level you need. The bajo sexto guitar's sapele sides and back plus rosewood fingerboard and bridge provide great looks and tight tone. Deluxe tuners keep your Oscar Schmidt Bajo Sexto on the money.
Tuning the bajo sexto:
1. Starting at position one (same as the first string or high E on a guitar), the first 2 strings are tuned in unison, to the note of F. The pitch is equivalent to the F note which occurs on the 3rd fret of the 4th string on a guitar.
2. At position 2, the next set of strings moving upward, both strings are tuned in unison to the note of C, the same as the C occurring at the 3rd fret of the 5th string on a guitar.
3. At position 3, the next 2 strings are tuned in unison to the note of G, the same as the G note which occurs at the 3rd fret of the sixth string of a guitar.
4. At position 4, there are 2 strings of different sizes. The smaller string is tuned to the note of D, the same as the the open 4th string of a guitar. The larger string is tuned also to the note of D, one octave below the other string, which can be found on a bass tuner or tuned by ear, one octave below the smaller string.
5. At position 5, tune the smaller string to the note of A, the same as to the open 5th string of a guitar, which is also found on a guitar tuner. The larger string is tuned one octave below as found on a bass guitar tuner.
6. At position 6, tune the smaller string to the note of E, the same as the open sixth string of a guitar. The larger string is tuned to E, one octave below or with a bass tuner.
Case sold separately.
- Solid cedar top
- Sapele back and sides
- Rosewood fretboard and bridge
- Piezo pickup and active electronics
- Deluxe tuners
- Wood marquetry rosette
- Cutaway body design
- Case sold separately
A cut above for high-spirited Tejano music. Order now.