The legend of Iz lives on with this gorgeous solid quilted mahogany ode to the Hawaiian singer.
A tribute to one of the most revered musicians in Hawaiian history, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, aka Iz, Martin's IT IZ Tenor Ukulele features a beautiful solid quilted mahogany body with an East Indian rosewood headplate adorned with "IZ" inlaid in Hawaiian koa and a hibiscus flower inlaid in pink awabi pearl. As beautiful as the music he made, this uke is sure to impress with its looks as well as its sound.
Includes Nex Gen ZG Case.
- Model: 1T IZ Tenor Uke
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/ Applied Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: Tenor Ukulele
- Top: Solid Quilted Mahogany
- Rosette: Single Ring - Multiple Black/White Fiber
- Top Bracing Pattern: Tenor Ukelele
- Top Braces: Non Scalloped
- Back Material: Solid Quilted Mahogany
- Side Material: Solid Quilted Mahogany
- Endpiece: Black Fiber
- Binding: Tortoise - Brown
- Top Inlay Style: Black/White Fiber
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Tenor Uke
- Nut Material: Black Tusq
- Headstock: Solid/Traditional Martin Ukulele Design
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood/Hibiscus Flower - IZ (Koa) Inlay
- Fingerboard Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Scale Length: 17'' Uke Pattern
- Number Of Frets Clear: 14
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-11/32''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 1-23/32''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: One @5th,7th,10th,Two @ 12th,One @ 15th, M.O.P.
- Finish Back & Sides: Satin
- Finish Top: Satin
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Bridge Style: Tenor Uke Style
- Bridge String Spacing: 1-5/8''
- Saddle: Compensated Black Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Pegheds, 7543A
- Recommended Strings: Martin Ukulele (M620)
- Case: Nex Gen ZG Case
- Interior Label: 2 Paper Labels - 1 signed by widow of Israel & numbered in sequence w/o total - 1 with photo of IZ
If you love this Iz, you're sure to love this uke. Order today and be a part of the uke-playing Ohana.