Luna Guitars Weissenborn Lap Steel
(Select Hawaiian Mahogany)
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
Special-shaped lap steel with rising tide fret markers for a true Hawaiian Island look and feel.
Luna's Weissenborn-style select acoustic lap steel features the same distinctive abalone fret markers as their High Tide Series ukuleles. A full moon at the first fret tugs at the waves that grace the rosewood fingerboards.
Acoustic lap-style guitars first emerged in Hawaii in the 1890s, where players raised the action of their standard guitars, laid them flat on their laps, and learned to play melodies with a metal bar sliding along the strings. Los Angeles-based luthier Hermann Weissenborn refined the concept in the 1920s. Electric lap steels were developed in response for the desire for louder volume.
- Abalone 'rising tide' fret markers
- Body: Weissenborn-style Hawaiian
- Top: solid mahogany or slect mahogany (depends on which you chose in the drop down menu)
- Back & Sides: solid mahogany or select mahogany (depends on which you chose in the drop down menu)
- Neck: mahogany
- Fingerboard: Indian rosewood
- Tuners: chrome-plated
- Scale: 24.5"
- Nut: ox bone