A well-known, precisely crafted, historic harmonica in traditional Christmas packaging.
The Hohner 1896 Marine Band Harmonica has been played by world-famous musicians like John Lennon, Bruce Springsteen, Little Walter, and Paul Butterfield. The Hohner Marine Band is a number-one choice among top professionals and one of the most recognizable harmonicas all over the world. Known for its full tone, wood comb, and its patented cover plates, the Marine Band harmonica was there when harmonica blues was born. The Marine Band harp is a result of over 100 years of Hohner German craftsmanship.
Hohner is a family company founded in 1857 in Trossingen, Germany by Matthias Hohner. Hand-made quality and close attention to detail has set Hohner apart from the beginning. A top leading brand in harmonicas, Hohner harps are distributed worldwide. Hohner harmonicas are played on the street by buskers, in intimate nightclubs, on festival stages, and even in Carnegie Hall. Despite a diverse harmonica line used in music from country to classical genres, the most famous Hohner harmonicas are their simple, 10-hole diatonics used frequently by blues, rock, country, and folk musicians.
- Key of C
- 10-hole diatonic
- Standard (Richter) tuning
- Reeds: 20
- Reedplates: Brass; 0.9 mm
- Pearwood comb
- Length: 10cm
- Hohner harmonicas feature:
- Improved reed profiles to increase reed life by over 200%
- Precision die punches to ensure reed plates with unparalleled air tightness
- Improved tuning accuracy (through investment in innovative new tools)
- Extremely stable stainless steel covers that won't tarnish and are easy to clean
- Dynamic range and highest volume of most any commercially made harmonica
- Super-fast response at all volume levels
- Easily adjustability for overblows
Make someone happy this Christmas with this special harmonica. Order today.