A back-to-the-roots harmonica combined with state-of-the-art technology.
The Hohner Marine Band Deluxe Harmonica is a contemporary addition to Hohner's Marine Band legacy. Combining the features of the historical, legendary harmonica with a variety of state-of-the-art improvements, the Marine Band Deluxe produces greater volume and faster response while retaining the richness and power of the harmonica's classic sound. The deluxe Marine Band harmonica has a sealed pearwood comb plus rounded channel openings and outer corners for greater playing comfort. Assembled with 3 reedplate screws and 4 cover screws to make it airtight and easy to service.
For more than 100 years, the Marine Band harmonica has been the favorite of renowned artists like Little Walter, Paul Butterfield, and Kim Wilson. Since 1896, discerning professional harmonica players in search of an unmistakable and unique sound have played the Marine Band as their harmonica-of-choice.
Hohner is a family company founded in 1857 in Trossingen, Germany by Matthias Hohner. Hand-made quality and close attention to detail has set Hohner apart from the beginning. A top leading brand in harmonicas, Hohner harps are distributed worldwide. Hohner harmonicas are played on the street by buskers, in intimate nightclubs, on festival stages, and even in Carnegie Hall. Despite a diverse harmonica line used in music from country to classical genres, the most famous Hohner harmonicas are their simple, 10-hole diatonics used frequently by blues, rock, country, and folk musicians.
- 10-hole diatonic
- Reeds: 20
- Reedplates: brass; 0.9 mm
- Sealed pearwood comb
- Length: 10 cm
- Key features of the Marine Band Deluxe include:
- Classic Marine Band sound
- Improved cover design for greater volume and enhanced stability
- Assembled with 3 reedplate screws and 4 cover screws to make it airtight and easy to service
- Sealed pearwood comb
- Rounded channel openings and outer corners for greater playing comfort
- Hohner harmonicas feature:
- Improved reed profiles to increase reed life by over 200%
- Precision die punches to ensure reed plates with unparalleled air tightness
- Improved tuning accuracy (through investment in innovative new tools)
- Extremely stable stainless steel covers that won't tarnish and are easy to clean
- Dynamic range and highest volume of most any commercially made harmonica
- Super-fast response at all volume levels
- Easily adjustability for overblows
Become a part of harmonica history but with greater improvements on your sound when you order today.