Gretsch Guitars G9480 "Laydie Belle" Tenor Banjo
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Loud and proud with a Whyte-Laydie tone ring and three-ply solid maple rim.
The new short-scale "Laydie Belle" Irish Tenor banjo is designed for playing traditional music. Loud and proud with a Whyte-Laydie tone ring and three-ply solid maple rim, the G9480 comes with special-gauge strings for Irish Tenor tuned GDAE (one octave below a mandolin) so mandolin and fiddle players can add banjo to their tonal palettes. With other string gauges it can also be tuned as a standard tenor (CGDA) or "Chicago Tuning" (DGBE) for guitarists and ukulele players.
Other features include a three-piece maple/walnut/maple neck, 17-fret rosewood fingerboard with vintage-style B&D inlays, 19" scale, 24 tension brackets with notched hoop, 11" Remo High Crown Renaissance head, vintage-style "No Knot"-type tailpiece, 1 3/16" nut, geared die-cast machine heads, Vega-style armrest, nickel-plated hardware, and a luxurious amber maple gloss finish.
- Body Material: 3-Ply Solid Maple
- Body Shape: Banjo
- Body Finish: Amber Maple Gloss Finish
- Body Binding: Tortoiseshell
- Neck Shape: Vintage Soft "U"
- Position Inlays: Vintage B&D
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: 3-Piece Maple/Walnut/Maple
- Neck Finish: Shaded Amber Maple Gloss
- Nut Width: 1.1875" (30.1 mm)
- Scale Length: 19.75" (502 mm)
- Hardware Finish: Nickel-Plated
- Bridge: Ebony-Tipped Maple
- Tuning Machines: Geared Planetary
- Strings: D'Addario, Loop-End, (.040NW, .030NW, .020, .016)
- Unique Features: Tuned GDAE (one octave below a mandolin); 19" scale; "Whyte Laydie" tone ring; 24 brackets with notched hoop; vintage No-Knot tailpiece; 11" REMO High Crown Renaissance head; vintage B&D fingerboard inlays; Vega-style armrest.
Grab a versatile banjo that can handle a variety of musical styles. Order today.