Fun hybrid of two folk favorites.
Compared to a normal mandolin, the MB-850+ mando banjo is louder and has the quick response typical of a banjo body. It features an 11” body compared to Gold Tone's original 8”. This dramatically improves volume and bass response. The brass tone ring projects loud volume and Gold Tone's setup compares to that of professional mandolins.
- Neck: Maple
- Resonator: Maple
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Bridge: Maple with ebony cap; 5/8"
- Rim: Maple
- Wood Finish Inlay: Vintage Brown
- Fingerboard Inlay: Dot Position Markers
- Nut: Bone
- Arm Rest: Gold Tone Engraved
- Tailpiece: No Knot
- Strings: Mandolin tuning. GDAE - .040, .026, .016, .011.
- Plating: Chrome
- Tension Hoop:Steel
- Tone Ring: Brass Rod Ring
- Tuners: Geared Tuners
- Scale: 13-7/8"
- Head Size: 11" Low Collar
- Nut Width: 1-3/32"
Add the unique tone and feel of the MB-850+ by ordering today!