Gold Tone CC-OT Cripple Creek OpenBack Banjo
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A great way to get started learning this great American instrument.
The Cripple Creek CC-0T is Gold Tone’s recommended entry-level openback banjo. The CC-0T comes in a complete package designed to learn clawhammer-style banjo. They sound and play the way a real openback banjo should. The banjo includes a maple neck, scooped rosewood fingerboard with 5th string capo spike, a Fiberskyn banjo head, No Knot tailpiece, Vega-style armrest, vintage Fairbanks headstock design, and geared tuners. The package also includes a gig bag, a banjo strap, an installed capo spike and the popular Pick Up Your Banjo & Play: Clawhammer Banjo DVD by Ben Carlin where he discusses the fundamentals of clawhammer banjo techniques and teaches several traditional songs with tablature. With a complete setup at the Gold Tone Factory in Florida, the CC-0T is durable, has low string action, and is a pleasure to learn on.
- Neck: Maple
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with frailing scoop
- Bridge: Maple with ebony cap; 5/8
- Rim: 1/2" maple
- Wood Finish: Vintage Brown; Satin
- Fingerboard Inlay: Dot/Star
- Neck Binding: Celluloid
- Nut: Composite
- Tuners: Guitar-Style, Sealed
- Tailpiece: No-Knot
- Strings: GDGBD - .010, .024w, .016, .013, .010
- Plating: Chrome
- Tension Hoop: Steel
- Tone Ring: Rolled Brass Ring
- Arm Rest: "Gold Tone" Engraved
- Scale: 23-9/16"
- Weight: 5 lb.
- Nut Width: 1-3/16"
- Frets: 18 Medium
- Head Size: 11" Remo Fiberskyn; Low Crown
- Total Length: 37"