Gold Star GF-100FE Mahogany Flying Eagle 5-String Banjo
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A traditional flathead banjo completely faithful to the original '30s models.
The Gold Star GF-100FE Mahogany Flying Eagle 5-String Banjo was created to meet the demand among banjo players for what most agree is the ideal bluegrass banjo: the flathead that was built in very limited quantities during the 1930s. This banjo is a direct descendant of the GF-100 5-String Banjo built to great acclaim in the '70s and '80s. It has a select mahogany neck, bound mahogany resonator with inlaid double concentric rings, a cast bell-bronze tone ring, deluxe 3-ply rock maple rim, double coordinator rods, a single-piece die-cast flange, Presto tailpiece, armrest, and geared planetary tuners with geared fifth peg. Hand-cut mother-of-pearl inlays are laid out in the Flying Eagle pattern on the ebony fingerboard and peghead overlay. All hardware is triple nickel-plated. It is shop adjusted and comes with a deluxe reissue Gold Star hardshell case.
- Select mahogany neck
- Bound mahogany resonator with inlaid double concentric rings
- Cast bell-bronze tone ring
- Deluxe 3-ply rock maple rim
- Double coordinator rods
- Ebony fingerboard
- Medium nickel-silver frets
- Flying Eagle inlay pattern in hand-cut mother-of-pearl on fretboard and peghead
- Single-piece die-cast flange
- P-140 geared planetary tuners
- P-142 geared fifth-peg
- P-118 Old Presto tailpiece
- P-104 armrest
- Maple bridge
- Triple nickel-plated hardware
- Deluxe re-issue Gold Star hardshell case
- Shop adjusted
Gold Star took 25 years to improve these already legendary instruments. Make sure you get yours; order today!