Deering B6 6-String Banjo
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Put your guitar licks to work on a banjo!
Tuned like a Guitar, Guitar players can get up and go with this 6-string banjo - Uniquely Deering, the Boston Banjo breaks with tradition and provides a professional quality sound at a lower price point by creating the drum from 3/16" rolled steel which rings like a tone ring. Also, upgrading the accuracy of tuning by way of guitar tuners with a higher gear ratio than the traditional banjo tuners.
The uniquely Deering Inlay pattern gives you visual beauty enhancing the great performance. This banjo is the preferred sound in country recording studios and in non-traditional bands like the Keith Urban Band. You can hear this banjo played on Keith Urban songs like "Someone Like You" and his Grammy award winning "Sweet Thing." It has big resonant bass notes that you don't find on a 5-string banjo, and also crisp highs for that beautiful banjo tone.
Has the sweet sound of mahogany with less sustain for clear notes. Crisp highs and good bass response with less overtones than many banjos. Easy to play with clarity of note separation. Great for recording.
E,A,D,G,B,E for standard Guitar tuning, can also be tuned in other tunings
XL D'Addario Guitar Strings, other gauges can be used, however to get the best banjo tone it should have light or extra light guitar strings or electric guitar strings.
Includes a Deering Hardshell Case.
- Tropical American Mahogany
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- Arched Ebony Fingerboard
- Seed & Vine Inlays,
- Guitar Style Tuners
- Adjustable truss-rod
- 22 Pressed In Nickel-Silver Frets
- 3/16" Durable Nickel Plated Steel Rim
- 24-Piece Butterfly Flange
- 24 flat hooks with 9/32" hex nuts
- 24 Bracket Shoes
- 11" Frosted Top High Crown Head
- Beveled Tension Hoop
- Deering 6-string Tailpiece
- Nickel Plated Hardware,
- Deering 6-String Tailpiece
- Mahogany, with white binding
- Trimmed in White
- Straight Side Walls
- Satin Finish
- Includes case
Expand your sonic horizons by ordering the B-6 today!
B6 6-String Banjo Specifications:
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 ¾"
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 ¼"
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8"
- Overall Instrument Length 38 ½"