Deering 5-Deluxe 5-String Banjo
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Sweet tone and elegant looks.
The subtly elegant high-gloss finish, the ebony peghead overlay with mother-of-pearl inlay, and fancier binding on the resonator enhance the beauty of this sweet-toned banjo. Outfitted with the same genuine Deering tone ring, one-piece flange, and 3-ply rock-maple rim used in the Sierra and Greg Deering Limited models. The Deluxe offers the Sierra's sweet tone in a more elaborate banjo that's still modestly priced. Includes case ($180 value).
White and gold engraved inlays designed by Greg Deering adorn Deluxe banjo. It is a sweet sounding professional quality mahogany banjo with Deering's 20 hole -06- bronze tone ring, fast neck and comfortable feel. It's a beautiful step up from the Sierra with added detailing and high gloss finish. It is an inspirational banjo for the dedicated musician. The Deluxe was the third model of the Deering line, originally designed with simple Mother of Pearl Diamond inlays back in 1979 and embelished and upgraded to the beautiful new inlay pattern Greg Deering designed in the summer of 2009.
The Deluxe has a sweet singing professional quality tone. Easy to play with clarity and good note separation.
Tuned: G,D,G,B,D in standard tuning
Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well
- Original Deering Engraved Inlays of White and Gold Italian Pearloid
- Slender fast & Comfortable Neck Shape
- 22 Pressed in Nickel-Silver Frets
- Ebony Fingerboard with Mother of Pearl Diamond Shaped Inlays
- Deering Planetary Banjo Tuners
- Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
- High Gloss Finish
- Deering 20 hole -06- Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Violin Grade 3-ply Maple Rim
- Deering Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 11" Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- 24 Round Hooks with ¼" Hex Nuts
- One Piece Cast Zinc Flange
- Slender Shaped Armrest
- True Tone Deering Tailpiece
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Satin Finish
- Trimmed in White/Black/White
- Straight Side Walls
- High Gloss Finish
- Priced with a Deering Hardshell Case
5-Deluxe 5-String Banjo Specifications:
Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4"
Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4"
Resonator diameter 13 7/8"
Overall Instrument Length 38"