Solid American craftsmanship with great tone!
A great jamming banjo that records well, uniquely Deering, The Boston Banjo breaks with tradition and provides a professional quality sound at a lower price point by creating the drum from 3/16" rolled steel which rings like a tone ring.
The powerful and dynamic sound of the Boston comes from that steel rim which creates a bright, clear, crisp tone. The mahogany neck and resonator are satin finished and the precise fretwork in the polished ebony fingerboard makes the intonation accurate and the playing surface fast and effortless. The slender, low-profile Deering neck is comfortable for all hand sizes. Handmade in the USA. Includes case.
"The interesting thing about the steel rim is that when we first started making it we went to the San Diego Bluegrass Club. When we got out of the car we could hear the parking lot picking going on and there would always be one banjo that I could hear all the way across the parking lot. We made a game out of going and finding out whose banjo that was, and over a period of time we started to notice that almost every time it was a Boston. That steel rim has a really good clarity of tone. It carries really well and will project beyond banjos that cost a lot more. It is a really good jamming banjo. We call it the Boston because of the banjo heritage of the city of Boston. Over a hundred years ago the whole Mecca of banjos and the banjo world was centered around the city of Boston." Greg Deering
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Slender Deering Neck Shape • Ebony Fingerboard
- Seed and Vine Maple & Pearloid Inlays
- Guitar style tuners (Planetary Tuners available as an option)
- Satin Finish
- Nickel Plated and Durable 3/16" Steel Rim
- True Tone Deering tailpiece
- 11" Top Frosted High Crown Head
- Beveled Tension Hoop
- 24 Flat Hooks with 9/32" Hex Nuts
- 24 Bracket Shoes
- Butterfly 24-Piece Flange
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Trimmed in White
- Straight Sidewalls
- Satin Finish
- Includes case
Bag a Boston and save a bundle!
5-Boston 5-String Banjo Specifications:
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4",
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4"
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8"
- Overall Instrument Length 38"
- Weight Approx. 9.6 lbs