- Buy New
A carefully modeled plug-in based on the legendary Trident A-Range EQ.
The Softube Trident A-Range Equalizer plug-in is the first and only plug-in that has been fully endorsed by the original designer Malcolm Toft and Trident Audio. The Trident A-Range is a legendary piece of equipment, considered to have the best-sounding EQ of any console. As only thirteen A-Range consoles were ever made, it remains a holy grail for sound engineers and producers around the world that hope to create works of art equal to those that were originally recorded on the A-Range, including David Bowie's "Ziggy Stardust," Queen, Elton John, and many more. To those with gold and platinum records to their credit, the Trident A-Range is the sound of rock and roll.
The EQ plug-in is a virtual model of a channel on one of the original 13 Trident A-Range consoles— channel 15 from the console at Sweet Silence Studio 'B' in Denmark, producer Flemming Rasmussen's favorite channel for recording lead vocals. Flemming also used it for the solo and rhythm guitars on Metallica's "Ride The Lightning" and "Master of Puppets," and Ritchie Blackmore's guitar on the Rainbow albums "Difficult to Cure" and "Bent out of Shape."
The Softube A-Range channel features four bands of equalization and high- and low-pass filters. The sound of the bands is often referred to as "colorful" and "musical." When running a hot enough signal through the original unit and boosting the bands, it is possible to get it to distort. The result is a hairy and effective saturation that is just right in some situations, and just wrong in others.
- EQ software created together with original designer Malcolm Toft
- Each and every component carefully modeled
- Same sweet-sounding EQ filters that made the legendary Trident A-Range
- Interaction between the different bands make it a one-of-a-kind equalizer plug-in
- Saturation control
Here is your opportunity to have what is considered to be the best and most musical EQ in rock. Order today.
Trident A-Range Equalizer-Native Plug-In Specifications:
- System Requirements
- Mac OS X (10.4 or higher), Windows XP or higher
- Mac: Intel or PowerPC processor (G4 or higher), Windows: PIII or higher
- 512MB RAM
- Any VST, Audio Units, or RTAS compatible host application
- iLok USB key and the latest Pace Interlok drivers