Ableton Live 9 Standard Educational Version
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
The full features of Live 9 Standard, priced for students and teachers.
*This version of Live 9 Standard is priced at an educational discount for students and teachers. You will need a copy of avalid student or teacher ID, or official confirmation letter from an attending school including a signature and stamp to qualify for this version.
Ableton Live 9 is the latest iteration of one of the best performance based DAWs available on the market today. The developers at Ableton have added a host of upgrades to their flagship software. With Live 9 you can easily browse for new sounds, instantly capture your performance, record automation directly into clips, enhance your sound with improved studio effects, and then take your performance straight to the stage. There are 3 versions of Live 9, this is the Standard version and includes all software features, 3 instruments, 37 effects, and over 1100 sounds (11GB).
One way that Ableton Live software has an advantage over other DAWs is its extremely fluid GUI that allows you to do all your work within a single window. The Session View is essentially a musical scratch pad. You can work out new ideas and improvise in a free and easy production environment. Each cell in the Session View grid can hold a recording, MIDI file, or any other musical idea, whether they're recorded on the spot or dragged in from the browser. Then you can play your musical ideas in any order or any time you wish.
The Arrangement View takes a more traditional, timeline-based approach to multitrack recording, MIDI sequencing, and other music production tasks. It will record all your actions as you improvise in the Session View, allowing you to edit them whenever you like. Either view you use is simple and basic enough to make your tasks simple and efficient, which is especially useful during a live performance. This makes it a perfect creative tool for studios, beat creators, DJs, sound designers, and anyone who wants to have fun producing music.
Version 9 enhances the Ableton vision of creative, real-time digital music with a wealth of improved techniques, effects, and workflow improvements:
Record automation into clips. Edit automation with curves.
Live's unique Session View makes it easy to improvise with musical ideas. In Live 9, you can now record parameter changes directly into Session View for even more flexibility. Edit automation curves with the mouse to create smooth mix transitions or radical parameter changes in your clips. In one click, create new Session View scenes from your Arrangement tracks, or drag and copy individual clips from Arrangement to Session. The automation comes with them, making it easier than ever to move from improvising to arranging and back.
Find sounds fast.
With Live's new browser, spend less time finding sounds and more time making music. Live's new browser puts all of your instruments and effects, samples, Packs and VST/Audio Units plug-ins in one easy-to-navigate view. Drag and drop folders into the browser from anywhere on your computer. Search as you type, navigate from the keyboard and sort items by various categories.
Play new sounds.
Live's library includes new Instrument Racks and sounds to get you going fast. All sounds are organized for Live 9's new browser and work seamlessly with all common hardware controllers.
Get your sound right.
The new analog-modeled Glue Compressor and redesigned studio effects help you get a better sound in less time. Live's new Glue Compressor, developed in collaboration with Cytomic, is modeled on a classic 80s console bus compressor, both for its great sound and also to provide musical results with a simple set of controls. Live's studio effects - Compressor, Gate and EQ Eight - have been improved with new displays, enhanced controls and better sound, making it easier to see and hear your changes.
Reclaim the music in your samples...
Live 9's new tools for converting audio to MIDI give you unprecedented flexibility to extract musical ideas from your samples and build upon them. Convert your favorite drum break with the Drums-to-MIDI feature and reuse it with your own sounds. Speed up your remixing work by using Harmony-to-MIDI to get the notes and chords from the original audio stems. Or simply seed your creativity with inspiring, natural-feeling MIDI grabbed directly from the most exciting parts of your music collection.
...or sing the music in your head.
Sketch out ideas quickly by singing (or beatboxing) into Live and converting your recording to MIDI. Your voice is the new keyboard: sing, beatbox, tap a rhythm on your desk, or play any solo instrument to capture your musical ideas as they come. Then use the Melody- or Drums-to-MIDI feature to turn your recordings into MIDI clips that you can edit and reuse with any sound.
Edit the details.
Powerful MIDI note manipulation tools and an improved editing workflow help you create new musical ideas fast.
Transform MIDI notes
New controls in the MIDI editor let you quickly invert, reverse, transpose and speed up or slow down selected MIDI notes in a single click.
Move notes on and off the grid
Beats are easier to see when editing, and editing grids are now "sticky," allowing notes to be freely moved and resized while still snapping when close to grid lines.
Stretch MIDI notes
MIDI Note Stretch markers let you speed up, slow down - or even reverse - selected MIDI notes.
Warp clip automation
Audio clip automation is warped alongside the audio itself. Envelopes in MIDI clips can be stretched using MIDI stretch markers.
Edit automation more easily
Add or remove breakpoints with a single click. Hover the mouse near envelope segments to select and drag them without using a modifier.
Add curves to automation
Hold a modifier while dragging to create and edit curves in automation envelopes.
- Standard version, includes 3 instruments, 37 effects, and over 1100 sounds
- Record parameter changes directly into Session View
- Edit automation with curves
- New browser makes searching and finding sounds fast and easy
- Drag and drop folders into the browser from anywhere on your computer
- Includes new Instrument Racks and sounds to get you going fast
- New Glue Compressor and redesigned studio effects
- New tools for converting audio to MIDI
- Sing into Live and convert your recording to MIDI
- Powerful MIDI note manipulation tools and an improved editing workflow
- Unique Session View for quick, intuitive composition, flexible performance and improvisation
- Multitrack recording up to 32-bit/192 kHz
- Nondestructive editing with unlimited undo
- Powerful MIDI sequencing of software and hardware instruments
- Advanced warping and real-time time-stretching
- Unlimited Instruments, Audio effects and MIDI effects per project
- Group tracks
- VST and Audio Unit support
- Time signature changes
- Multiple automation lanes
- Track Freeze
- Automatic plug-in delay compensation
- MIDI remote control instant mapping
- MIDI output to hardware synths
- MIDI Clock/sync
- Multicore/multiprocessor support
Get the latest version of one of the best performance DAWs available, at a price students can afford.
Live 9 Standard Educational Version Specifications:
- Installation Requirements
- Intel Mac with Mac OS X 10.5 or later, or PC with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8; Multicore processor; 2 GB RAM; 1024x768 display; DVD drive or broadband internet connection for installation;
- Required disk space for basic installation:
- 3GB free disk space.
- Disk used if all included sounds are installed:
- Live 9 Suite: 55 GB free disk space
- Live 9 Standard: 12 GB free disk space
- Live 9 Intro: 6 GB free disk space