Shure 55SH Series II Mic
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
Vintage look and feel . . . state-of-the-art sound.
An unmistakable stage icon for 70 years, the Shure 55SH Series II Unidyne Vocal Microphone features a signature satin chrome-plated die-cast casing for pure vintage look and feel with modern acoustic components to meet today's performance standards. This microphone is excellent for vocal pickup with its characteristic Shure presence peak.
The 55SH Series II microphone has a cardioid (unidirectional) polar pickup pattern that minimizes sound pickup from the rear of the microphone. This allows the Model 55SH Series II to be used in close proximity to loudspeakers without creating feedback problems, and it can perform under adverse acoustic conditions where omnidirectional microphones cannot.
The 55SH Series II has a low-impedance balanced output designed for connection to microphone inputs rated at 75 to 300 ohms. The microphone features a cartridge shockmount to reduce stand noise, an On/Off switch, and an attached, self-tensioning, 5/8"-27 thread swivel mount. This microphone is ideal for public address or theater-stage sound systems, as well as for broadcasting, recording, and other sound applications where a stand-mounted microphone with a classic look is desirable.
- Classic appearance, modern performance
- Frequency response tailored for speech, vocals and instrumental music
- Cardioid directional pattern for optimum performance in adverse acoustic environments
- Shock-mounted cartridge minimizes stand-transmitted noise, ensures quiet operation
- Rugged chrome-plated die-cast casing and mechanical design for reliability under rigorous conditions
A great vocal stage mic that delivers old-timey looks that are just right for jazz, swing, rockabilly, and blues acts.
55SH Series II Mic Specifications:
- Type: Dynamic
- Frequency response: 50 to 15,000Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid (unidirectional), uniform with frequency, symmetrical about axis
- Impedance: Microphone rating impedance is 150Ωs (270Ωs actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated at 75 to 300Ωs
- Sensitivity (at 1,000Hz): Open Circuit Voltage: -58.0dBV/Pa (1.3 mV); 1 Pascal=94dB SPL
- Polarity: Positive pressure on the diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of the output connector
- Switch: Built-in On/Off switch, integral part of swivel mount, connector Three pin professional type, designed to mate with Cannon XL series, Switchcraft A3 (Q.G.) series, or equivalent
- Net Weight: 22 oz. (624g)
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Shure 55SH Series II Mic:
I bought the Shure 55SH Series II a couple of months ago. More as a trophy to myself, I'vealways wanted one. After getting it and testingit. I would say its best applications would befor a live stage performance, or public address. However, it is a stretch to say it works well in a studio atmosphere. It takes quite a bit of processing to get it to sound good. It's muchhigher in the mid-range than I expected. If I need a "filtered" sound in a recording that's theone to go too. I would have given the mic a 3 onstudio performance, but I added a star becauseit looks so cool.