Electro-Voice N/D478 Cardioid Dynamic Instrument MicrophoneSku #271218000000000 Electro-Voice 271218 YNAB Dynamic Microphones https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
VOB technology reduces muddiness from proximity effect.
The Electro-Voice N/D478 is a dynamic cardioid microphone with acoustic response that is optimal in live sound or studio environments. The new "vocally optimized bass" or VOB™ technology provides you with reduced resonant distortion at low frequencies. Critical damping of the low frequency resonant peak results in a microphone that replaces the "muddiness" found in competitive models with greater warmth and increased clarity. The result is an exceptional performing instrument microphone with clean, clear, consistent sound that "cuts through the mix."
- VOB™ technology provides tailored bass response for controlled "proximity effect" and exceptional vocal clarity
- Cardioid pattern for superior feedback rejection and acoustic isolation
- Excellent choice for micing acoustical or electrical instruments whether in a live sound or studio environment
- Neodymium based magnet structure provides greater sensitivity and signal-to-noise ratio
- Warm Grip™ handle for more comfortable feel and lower handling noise
Exceptional vocal clarity and instrument miking versatility . Order today.
N/D478 Cardioid Dynamic Instrument Microphone Specifications:
- Element: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Impedance, Low-Z balanced: 300 Ohms
- Connector Type: 3-pin XLR
- Open Circuit Voltage: 2.9 mV/Pascal
- Audio Frequency Response: 45 - 15,000 Hz Near Field 100 - 15,000 Hz Far Field
- Mic Type: Instrumental
- Finish: Non-reflecting Black
- Case Material: Metal
- Weight Net: 247 g ( 8.71 oz )
- Dimensions (Height X Max Diameter): 181 x 52 mm, (7.13" x 2.05")
- Microphone Applications: Guitar Amp, Snare, Tom
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Electro-Voice N/D478 Cardioid Dynamic Instrument Microphone:
this mic is great on snare!!
I like a pretty bright sounding snare with a good crack and this mic so far gets it the closest of any of the mics that I have used to date. started with a 57 and I love the midrange of the 57 but its just to dark sounding for me. then I tried the audix i5 and that was better as far as clarity but lacks a little of that midrange that I was missing. I now use the i5 for my bottom snare mic. I have been using the heil pr20 as my top snare mic and that is a beautiful mic on snare but still was finding myself going for the eq a bit too much to get the bright sound I like for my type of music (metal, progressive, hard). I decided to try this one because EV mics tend to be a bit more on the bright side and I liked the look of the eq curve on the specs and I'm glad I did. this mic is great! I still reach for the eq but not nearly as much as before. It does have a bit of midrange that I didn't really like the sound of but a little cutting with the eq got rid of that real quick...I'd much rather cut than boost with the eq
I LIKE IT!! and its cheap.... can't afford an RE20