AKG D7 Varimotion Dynamic Microphone
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Versatility and rugged reliability separate this mic from the pack.
The AKG D7 is a dynamic microphone that delivers the subtle, open, detailed sound of a condenser microphone, while maintaining the rugged reliability and ease of control of a dynamic microphone. At the heart of the AKG D7 mic's design is AKG's new Laminate Varimotion diaphragm, which allows precise response tuning without resonators. Thanks to the Laminate Varimotion diaphragm, the AKG D7 microphone delivers beautifully detailed sound, amazing response consistency at any SPL and absolutely incredible gain-before-feedback. You'll find that the AKG D7 is a microphone that always sounds "right" even on the loudest stages.
The AKG D7 mic also features a built-in high-pass filter that cuts out unwanted low frequencies, minimizes handling noise, and provides superior audio clarity and intelligibility. This AKG dynamic microphone also features a hum-canceling coil that greatly reduces interference from nearby electrical devices-ensuring that only pure vocal sounds come through.
The AKG D7 isn't just a pretty package-it's a microphone that features a super-strong, heavy-duty die-cast chassis with a thick, dent-resistant grille screen that can easily handle the inevitable accidents that happen in live performances on the road. The AKG D7 mic is also equipped with a gold-plated XLR-type output connector for loss-free signal transfer.
The sum total of the AKG D7 microphone's technology is a reference-quality dynamic mic that offers complete control for singers and speakers and, therefore, a better listening experience for audiences.
AKG backs the European-built AKG D7 microphone with a 2-year parts and labor warranty.
D7 Varimotion Dynamic Microphone Specifications:
- Polar pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency range: 70 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 2.6 mV/Pa (-52 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 147 / 156 dB SPL
- Equivalent noise level: 18 dB-A (IEC 60268-4)
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): 76 dB
- Impedance: ≤ 600 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: ≥ 2000 ohms
- High pass filter: 80 Hz, always active
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Finish: matte gray blue
- Dimensions: Length: 185.2 mm (7.3 in.); Diameter: 51 mm (2 in.)
- Net weight: 340 g (12 oz.)
- Shipping weight: 655 g (1.45 lb.)
- Special features: integrated humbucking coil