AKG D5 S Supercardioid Dynamic Vocal Microphone with On/Off Switch
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A live performance vocal mic designed for singers in high-volume bands.
The D5S has the same mechanical, electrical, and acoustic characteristics as the D 5 and features a noiseless on/off switch. The D5S dynamic vocal microphone delivers a powerful sound even on the noisiest stage. A superb mic for lead and backing vocals. Its supercardioid polar pattern ensures maximum gain before feedback. The mic stands for a crisp sound that cuts through every mix.
The thickness of the microphone's diaphragm varies across its diameter. The Laminated Varimotion diaphragm deep-drawing process allows the diaphragm itself to be fine-tuned with no extra tuning resonators, leading to a quantum leap in audio performance.
The dual shock mount eliminates any kind of mechanical noise for trouble-free live use. The audience will hear nothing but the pristine sound of your voice!
- Frequency response optimized for vocal use
- Integrated wind and pop screen for effective suppression of pop and breath noise
- Frequency independent supercardioid polar pattern for high gain before feedback
- Patented AKG Laminated Varimotion diaphragm
- Shock mounted transducer element reduces handling and cable noise
- Extremely resilient, spring-steel wire-mesh cap for extra impact resistance
- Noiseless on/off switch
D5 S Supercardioid Dynamic Vocal Microphone with On/Off Switch Specifications:
- Polar pattern: supercardioid
Frequency response: 70-20,000 Hz
Sensitivity: 2.6 mV/pa (-52 dbV re 1 V/Pa)
Maximum sound pressure level: 147/156 dB SPL, (for 1%/3% THD)
Equivalent noise level: 18 dB-A
Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): 76 db
Impedance: Recommended load impedence: >=2000 ohms
Connector: 3-pin XLR
Finish: matte grayish blue
Dimensions (length x diameter): 7.3" x 2.0", (179.1 mm x 51 mm)
Net weight: 8.2 oz, (340 g)
Patent(s): Varimotion ” multiple-thickness diaphragm for dynamic transducer (Patent no. AT 403.751, US 6,185,809, EP 814.637) (DE, DK, FI, FR, GB, IT, NL)
Standard furnished: microphone bag, SA 45 stand adaptor