Yamaha SubKick Low-Frequency Capture Device
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
Mic bass drum and floor toms for maximum low-end impact!
The Yamaha SubKick Low-Frequency Capture Device is a new breed of subfrequency (below 100Hz) capture devices designed to bring out the natural sound of bass drums and floor toms. SubKick uses the natural microphonic qualities of a 6-1/2" woofer shockmounted inside a 7-ply birch/mahogany shell. Mesh heads are mounted on the outside, which adds a tiny bit of sustain. The natural resonance of the shell combined with the heads and loudspeaker create an awesome subfrequency sound that must be heard to be believed. The SubKick works great by itself or can be used together with other drum mics. An XLR output makes for easy hookup.
The SubKick Device was designed by Yamaha Drum Artist Russ Miller, who was looking for a mic system that allowed the uncolored sound of the bass drum and floor toms to come through. Finally the full force of the drum set's low end performance is realized with SubKick.
- 6-1/2" woofer (frequency response 20Hz-8kHz)
- 10" black mesh heads
- 7-ply birch/mahogany shell
- XLR output (no phantom power required)
SubKick Low-Frequency Capture Device Specifications:
- Finish: Vintage Black
- Heads: Mesh front and back with logo
- Hoops: Triple flange steel (1.6mm)
- Lug: One-piece lug (6)
- Output Jack: XLR-3-32 (cannon) jack
- Polar Pattern: Bi-directional
- Shell: Birch and Philippine Mahogany 7-ply
- Size : 10" x 5"
- Type: Dynamic
- Weight: Main unit: 4kg, Stand: 3kg