B-Band UKKO-S Single Snare Drum Contact Mic
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
A drum miking system that looks great and delivers extreme isolation
The B-Band UKKO-S snare drum contact mic system is a remarkable way to capture the true tonality of your drum consistently, conveniently, and with extreme isolation. This system consists of two important components: the UKKO DMS preamp, built with high-quality class-A electronics, and the UKKO DST2 Contact mic for superb tone. This system will work with any size snare drum, and gives you high-resolution sound, and easy setup!
This mic system was designed to be able to blend-in visually with the drum kit. That is why B-Band designed the DMS preamp to be chrome colored to match most drum hardware. It is an extremely lightweight system that does not add any noticeable weight to the drum, or get in the way while performing like most other drum mic systems. It also very robust and durable, and will endure rigorous touring.
Setting up and tearing down have never been this easy. The DST2 has an adhesive back that mounts easily and discreetly on the inside of the drum shell near the batter head. The DST2 lead wire is fed through the drum air hole to the DMS preamp. The preamp comes with two different mounting options: mounting at the air hole outside of the drum, or a rim clamp mounting. The air hole mounting option was specially designed to not interrupt the flow of air as the drum breathes. Being as the DMS preamp is so small in size, there is no need to remove it to put the drum in its case, leave it on and be ready for the next gig or studio session.
Inside the DMS preamp there are two mini switches that contour the sound for a choice of tone. One switch controls a +3dB mid boost at 500 Hz and the other is for a -6dB high cut.
- Extreme isolation of each drum with no bleed from other drums
- Mounts without modification to the drum
- Reduces the need for audio gate effects
- Ultra-quick setups
- Two supplied mounting options for the DMS preamp
- No need to position mics or mic stands; just plug a standard XLR cable into the preamp and play
UKKO-S Single Snare Drum Contact Mic Specifications:
- Frequency response: 60Hz â 35kHz (-3dB)
- Phantom power required: 12 â 50-volt
- Output impedance: 200 ohm balanced
- Weight: 52 g. / 74 g. with rim mount
- Dimensions: 76 mm (3.00") / 48mm (1.90") / 40mm (1.60") without rim mount, 102mm (4.00") / 48mm (1.90") / 66mm (2.60")