T-Rex Engineering Mudhoney II Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
Distortion & Overdrive Effects Pedals
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
Now twice as deliciously dirty!
Dirty and sweet, the Mudhoney dual distortion pedal has been praised for its amazing tonal range and ability to deliver everything from a smooth dirty edge to a harrowing wall of distorted sound. It's one of the first pedals T-Rex produced, and it set the standard for many T-Rex pedals to come.
2 Mudhoneys in 1
The Mudhoney II is a new generation of this classic pedal that keeps everything that was great about the original Mudhoney-and then doubles it! With 2 channels of vintage gain, you can easily switch between a clean sound from your amp, a nice edgy overdrive from the one Mudhoney channel and a thick warm distortion from the other channel-delivering deliciously dirty T-Rex tone all the way.
New tone controls
Mudhoney II features the same convenient boost function you'll recognize from the original Mudhoney (now one switch for each channel) and even adds a tone control for each channel-so you can shape the timbre of your drive to create your own signature sound.
The Mudhoney II has 4 controls for each channel: GAIN, LEVEL, TONE, and BOOST.
The GAIN knob is the most important control on your Mudhoney II. The more you turn it up, the more overdrive gain you get. Make sure to set the GAIN differently for the 2 Mudhoney II channels, so you can switch between the channels for different levels of distortion.
Use the LEVEL knob to set the overall output volume from the pedal. At 12 o'clock your output is the same as your input volume. Turning it all the way up (clockwise) will boost your output signal by 15dB.
The TONE knob lets you control the top end, or "edge," of your signal without compromising sonic quality. Try setting it separately for each channel to create your own signature overdrive and distortion sounds.
Use the BOOST switch to switch between moderate and high gain for each channel separately.
- 2 channels with twice the utility and sound of the Mudhoney I
- Tone knob and Boost switch on each channel
- Battery or DC powered
Mudhoney II Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal Specifications:
- Input Impedance@1KHz: Higher than 1M ohm
- Output Impedance@1KHZ: Lower than 1K ohm
- Power supply: 9V DC (Power tool 9)
- Minimum Power supply Voltage: 8V DC
- Maximum Power supply Voltage: 12,5V DC
- Current Draw @ 9V DC: 20 mA
- Maximum Input signal Vp/p:1,5Vp/p
- Battery Type: 9V battery 6F22
- Battery Life: 6 to 9 Hour
- External connectors: Input Jack, Output Jack, 9V DC Jack
- Controls: 2 x GAIN - 2 x LEVEL - 2 x TONE -
- 2 x BOOST - ON/OFF
- Size Box: 100 x 120 x 55mm
- Weight (excl. battery) 497 grams packed in box