EarthQuaker Devices Crimson Drive Germanium Overdrive
Distortion & Overdrive Effects Pedals
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
An overdrive with classic character and open, vintage tone.
The Crimson Drive is a cutting and dynamic overdrive designed around a single germanium transistor and vintage germanium diodes. It creates a very open tone with excellent harmonics and a pleasing raw grit that can't be duplicated with more common FET or opamp based overdrives. With a simple twist of the gain control, the Crimson Drive can go from a gritty Rangemaster style treble boost to a rattling overdriven sound that is reminiscent a vintage plexi style amp at full bore. Works great with single coils as well as humbuckers and has excellent clean up with your guitars volume control.
- Added Tone control
- Vintage black glass OC139 germanium transistors and germanium diodes
- Lower noise floor and improved power filtering
- Drive: Controls the amount of gain
- Tone: Rolls off high end by turning counter clockwise
Let the airwaves run red.
Crimson Drive Germanium Overdrive Specifications:
- Measures: 4.37″ X 2.37″ X 1.75″ with knobs
- Power: A standard 9 volt DC power supply intended for musical instruments with a negative center 2.1mm barrel. We strongly recommend a high quality power supply with isolated outputs and good filtering to avoid unwanted noise. Will also run off a 9v battery for you olde tymee types.