TEAC HA-P50 Portable Headphone Amplifier with USB DAC
Headphone Preamps & Converters
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
High quality, portable headphone amp for high-resolution 'go anywhere' listening from iPhone, Android and PC/Mac.
The HA-P50 is the ideal headphone amplifier for the audiophile on the go. Allows you to take that great Reference 501-grade headphone listening experience outdoors and enjoy it wherever you want to go. Packs a high-performance digital-to-analog adapter and high specification power amplifier circuit into a compact body, to bring out the very best from quality headphones. Digital audio signals stored in your iOS device or Android are extracted digitally via USB and processed through the HA-50's high-performance built-in digital-to-analog converter, with minimal sound degradation and allowing the purest playback quality, with maximum fidelity. The HA-P50 can be used with the free TEAC HR Audio Player app for high-resolution 24bit/96kHz audio playback for iPhones and other iOS-based devices... there's no need to buy a separate adapter (such as the Apple Camera Connection Kit) in order to connect. Also comes with rubber fixing straps for securing it to an iPhone or Android handset, making the HA-P50 very easy to carry around.
The HA-P50 uses a top-flight OPA 1652 operational amplifier to process audio signals with maximum purity. The discrete push-pull circuit achieves a very low distortion rate of 0.001% (at 100mW + 100mW output) which IC-based amplifier headphone circuits cannot match, thanks to meticulous component selection and an absolute insistence on sound quality. Every lesson TEAC has learnt about amplifier sound quality has been applied to the HA-501 in the pursuit of the very best listening experience, one that's wholly uncompromised in a mobile environment.
The HA-P50 has a built-in 2100mAh Li-ion battery, allowing a maximum of 8 hours of continuous battery life (with digital connections) and the included USB-A type DC cable allows recharging from a computer's USB port. A separately sold TASCAM PS-P515U AC adapter allows rapid recharging from wall/mains power, if required. Thanks to its auto power save function, the unit goes into sleep mode after 30 minutes if it has failed to detect a sound signal, or if there's no headphone jack plugged into the headphone port.
- Digital input from iPhone or Android devices
- Custom iOS application TEAC HR Audio Player for iOS (free to download)
- 24-bit/96kHz high-resolution audio playback (No Apple Camera Connection Kit needed)
- High 160mW + 160mW output gain (at 32Ω load)
- Low 0.001% distortion (at 100mW + 100 mW output)
- Built-in BurrBrown PCM5102 high-performance D/A converter
- Discrete output amp section based on a push-pull circuit
- High quality OP1652 operational amplifier
- HIGH/LOW gain selector
- USB input from PC (24-bit/96kHz maximum)
- Works in conjunction with the TEAC HR Audio Player app for PC/Mac (free to download) to deliver high-resolution audio playback
- Combination optical digital/AUDIO IN input
- 3.5mm stereo mini headphone output
- Slim 21.7mm thick design; sturdy full aluminum body
- Internal rechargeable 2100mAh Li-ion battery with continuous battery life of approximately 8 hours
- Supplied with rubber fixing straps for securing HA-50 to iPhone or Android handsets
- Auto power save function
Get high-quality 24-bit/96kHz audio conversion anywhere you go. Order the HA-P50 today!