Shure PG81-LC Condenser MicrophoneProduct #580198 Shure 580198 YNAA Condenser Microphones https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
Sensitive and accurate.
The Shure PG81-LC is a sensitive, flat-response condenser microphone ideal for miking acoustic instruments. Includes a microphone clip, 5/8"-3/8" thread adapter, and a storage bag.
- Wide, uniform,and flat
- frequency response
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Resists feedback in high volume settings
- Condenser cartridge has a lightweight, sensitive diaphragm
- Powered by AA battery or phantom power Internal shock mount
- Durable metal construction.
- On/off switch
Mic your instrument with the sensitive PG81-LC—order now.
PG81-LC Condenser Microphone Specifications:
- Microphone Type: Condenser (electret bias)
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid (unidirectional), symmetrical about axis
- Frequency Response: 40Hz-18kHz
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of microphone output connector
- Output Impedance (at 1kHz): 600 ohms
- Sensitivity (at 1kHz): -48 dBV/Pa, (4.0 mV), 1 Pascal = 94 dB SPL
- Electromagnetic Hum Sensitivity: -7 dB equivalent SPL in a 1 millioersted field (60 Hz)
- Switch: Built-in On/Off switch
- Recommended Input Load Impedance: 800 ohms minimum
- Output Clipping Level (1 kHz, 1 % THD): : 2000 ohm load, 13 dBV (0.22 V) phantom, -17 dBV (0.14 V) battery
- Maximum SPL: 2000 ohm load: 131 dB (phantom), 127 dB (battery)
- Self-Noise (Equivalent SPL): 20 dB typical, A-weighted
- Dynamic Range (maximum SPL, 2k ohm load, to A-weighted noise level): 111 dB (phantom); 107 dB (battery)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 68 dB (IEC 651)* at 94 dB SPL
- Phantom Power:
- Supply Voltage: 11 to 52 Vdc
- Current Drain: 2.0 mA max at 52 Vdc
- Maximum Exteral Voltage Applied to Pins 2 and 3 with respect to Pin 1: +52 Vdc
- Reverse polarity protected to: 100 Vdc
- Battery Power:
- Recommended: 1.5 V alkaline AA size (NEDA 15A)
- Life: up to 10,000 hours
- Connector: 3-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type)
- Case: Steel and brass construction with black painted finish
- Environmental Conditions: This microphone operates over a temperature range of -20-135° F (-29-57° C) and at a relative humidity of 0 to 95%
- Weight: 0.55 lb. (250 g) without battery
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Shure PG81-LC Condenser Microphone:
Less expensive version of an SM-81 but great value for the money. Not as pure a sound as an SM-81, which I also own, but I have used the PG-81 weekly for over five years to mic my acoustic guitar in a church setting, and been happy with the results. Advantages for me are: the sound is excellent; it runs on a battery so I don't need a phantom power source; and I don't have to risk damaging or losing my expensive SM-81 when I play live.