An affordable large diaphragm microphone for recording lead vocals.
Specifically engineered for vocal reproduction, the PG42 side-address condenser microphone features a large cardioid diaphragm tailored with high sensitivity to clearly reproduce refined performances. A -15dB switchable attenuator and a high-pass filtering switch guarantees Shure quality for every lead vocal application. The PG42 also Includes a shock mount and carrying case.
- Large diaphragm capsule provides wider dynamic range for clear highs and strong lows
- Voice-tailored frequency response specifically engineered to reproduce the subtle nuances lead vocal performances
- High-pass filter for additional control of unwanted low-end signal
- -15dB switchable attenuator for additional SPL versatility
- Shock mount included for additional setup stability
Improve your lead vocal tracks today!
PG42 Condenser Microphone Specifications:
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity (at 1kHz, open circuit voltage): −35dBV/Pa, 1 Pascal=94dB SPL
- Max SPL: (20Hz to 20kHz, <1% THD) PAD OFF: 130dB SPL, PAD ON: 145dB SPL
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage
- on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Switch Attenuator: 15dB
- Power Requirements 48 VDC phantom, 10 mA
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Shure PG42 Condenser Microphone:
Without doubt, Shure is one of the manufacturers are better positioned in the minds of everyone when looking for exceptional quality microphones, well, this is still true.
Because it has taken this line Shure PG - "Performance Gear", which gives you all the technical richness and reliability of the brand, I can say that this microphone meets and exceeds expectations for someone looking for a good microphone, supported by the name of a good brand and a very affordable price.
It is tailored for voice and it sounds great on voice, if you are looking for a mic to meet what you need.
I am quite satisfied with the quality that gives this microphone, which I highly recommend. Also, the one I have came with shock mount specially designed for this mic.