Shure KSM42 Cardioid Condenser Mic(SABLE GRAY) Sku #H14001000001000 Shure H14001 YNAA Condenser Microphones https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Large dual-diaphragm side-address condenser vocal microphone.
The KSM42 is a premium side-address, cardioid condenser microphone featuring a large dual-diaphragm capsule, optimized for world-class vocal recording and performance applications. With a tailored frequency response and extensive internal and external pop filtering, the single-pattern, dual-diaphragm design of the KSM42, which includes Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology exhibits an exceptionally smooth proximity control and ultra-wide dynamic range. The KSM42 is the premier choice for capturing sophisticated, powerful, and intimate vocal performances.
A milestone achievement in sound reinforcement, Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology employs transparent internal circuitry architectures that enable unprecedented audio quality and performance.
- Highly consistent cardioid polar pattern creates a broad sweet spot and natural off-axis response
- Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology exhibits extremely low self-noise with superior dynamic range, transient response and ultra-low distortion for transparent recording
- Dual-diaphragm design with an active front, ultra-thin (2.5 micron) 24-karat gold, low mass, 1" Mylar diaphragm
- Passive back diaphragm delivers exceptional control of low frequency proximity effect
- Tailored low-frequency roll-off minimizes low frequency room noise
- Integrated three-stage mesh grille guards against wind and breath noise
- Open cage ShureLock rubber suspension shockmount with low-profile Popper Stopper magnetic pop filter produces a natural space between performer and microphone
- Extremely low self noise for critical studio vocal recording
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Durable zinc die-cast housing and hardened low carbon steel grille
In the studio or on the stage, a KSM42 will provide you with excellent results. Order today!
KSM42 Cardioid Condenser Mic Specifications:
- Cartridge type: Dual-diaphragm, front-active, externally biased condenser
- Frequency response: 60 to 20,000Hz
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Output impedance: 147Ω
- Sensitivity (at 1kHz, open circuit voltage): −37dBV/Pa (14.1 mV), 1 Pascal=94dB SPL
- Maximum SPL (1kHz at 1% THD):
- 1000Ω load: 139dB
- 2500Ω load: 139dB
- THD of microphone preamplifier when applied input signal is equivalent to cartridge output at specified SPL
- Signal-to-Noise ratio (referenced at 94dB SPL at 1kHz): 86dB
- S/N ratio is difference between 94dB SPL and equivalent SPL of self noise, A-weighted
- Dynamic Range (at 1kHz):
- 1000Ω load: 131dB
- 2500Ω load: 131dB
- Common mode rejection (10Hz to 100kHz): >60dB
- Clipping Level (20Hz-20kHz at 1% THD): 1000Ω load: 6.5dBV, 2500Ω load: 8dBV
- Self Noise (typical, equivalent SPL, A-weighted): 8.5dB
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Net: 494g with shockmount and pop filter: 820g
- Connector: 3-pin professional audio (XLR), male
- Power requirements: 11 to 52 Vdc phantom, 6 mA