Shure Beta 98A/C Instrument Mic
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A miniature mic with a SPL capability suitable for drums and horns.
The Shure Beta 98A/C is a compact, high-output, condenser microphone for professional sound reinforcement and studio recording. An extremely uniform cardioid polar pattern provides excellent gain before feedback and off-axis rejection of unwanted noise. Its high sound pressure level (SPL) capability makes it useful for a variety of acoustic or amplified instruments including drums, piano, reed, wind, and strings. This microphone requires phantom power and performs best with a 48 VDC supply. Comes with an external in-line preamplifier, RK282 shock-mount swivel adapter, 7.6 m (25 ft.) light-weight cable, snap-fit windscreen, and zippered pouch.
- Premier live performance microphone with Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
- Uniform cardioid polar pattern provides maximum gain-before-feedback Superior rejection of off-axis sound
- Tailored frequency response specifically shaped for drums, percussion, reeds, and horns
- Wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Compact design reduces stage clutter
- Enamel-coated metal construction and stainless steel inner grille resist wear and abuse
- Includes external in-line preamplifier, RK282 shock-mount swivel adapter, 7.6 m (25 ft.) light-weight cable, snap-fit windscreen, and zipper pouch
Get a little mic that can take a big sound!
Beta 98A/C Instrument Mic Specifications:
- Type: Electret Condenser
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Output Impedance: 179 Ohms
- Sensitivity (at 1 kHz, open circuit voltage): -48.0 dBV/Pa (4.0 mV)
- Maximum SPL (1 kHz at 1% THD): 1000 Ohm load: 144 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (referenced at 94 dB SPL at 1 kHz): 64 dB (S/N ratio is difference between 94 dB SPL and equivalent SPL of self noise, A-weighted)
- Dynamic Range (at 1 kHz): 1000 Ohm load: 114 dB
- Common Mode Rejection (20 Hz to 20 kHz): > 50 dB
- Clipping Level (1 kHz at 0.25% THD): 1000 Ohm load: 1.0 dBV (1.26 V) (THD of microphone preamplifier when applied input signal is equivalent to cartridge output at specified SPL)
- Self-Noise (typical, equivalent SPL, A-weighted): 30 dB SPL
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Weight: Net: 12 g (0.6 oz.)
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio (XLR), male, balanced
- Power Requirements: 11-52 VDC phantom, 3.6 mA