Shure Beta 27 Side-Address Microphone
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A large diaphragm supercardioid condenser mic that greatly minimizes bleed from off-axis sound sources.
The Shure Beta 27 side-address condenser microphone is precision engineered for professional sound reinforcement and project studio recording applications. The Beta 27 mic's flat frequency response and low self-noise provide unerring performance in demanding environments whether they are on stage or in a studio.
The Shure Beta 27 microphone's tight supercardioid pattern and 3-position switchable low-frequency filter help reduce unwanted background noise, counteract proximity effect for consistent, extended low-end, and give you high gain-before-feedback. Shure tailored the Beta 27 for superior transient response thanks to the microphone's low-mass, 1" externally-biased, ultra-thin, 24-Karat gold-layered Mylar diaphragm.
- Supercardioid polar pattern specifically targets the sound source consistently with greatly minimized bleed from off-axis sound sources
- Tailored for superior transient response from a low-mass, 1" externally-biased, ultra-thin 24 Karat gold-layered Mylar diaphragm
- Flat, neutral frequency response for natural reproduction on stage or in the studio
- 3-position switchable low-frequency filter helps reduce unwanted background noise or counteract proximity effect for consistent, extended low-end
- -15dB switchable attenuator handles extremely high SPLs with ease
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
With the Beta 27 you can be sure you'll capture the sounds you want, not the noises you don't. Order now!
Beta 27 Side-Address Microphone Specifications:
- Type: Condenser (externally biased)
- Frequency: Response: 20 to 20,000Hz
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Impedance: 160Ω
- Sensitivity (at 1kHz, open circuit voltage): -37dBV/Pa, 1 Pascal=94dB SPL
- Maximum SPL (1kHz at 1% THD): 1000Ω load: 134dB (148dB, Pad on), 2500Ω load: 140dB (154dB, Pad on)
- Signal-to-Noise ratio (referenced at 94dB SPL at 1kHz): 85.5dB, S/N ratio is difference between 94dB SPL and equivalent SPL of self noise, A-weighted
- Dynamic range (at 1kHz): 1000Ω load: 125.5dB, 2500Ω load: 131.5dB
- Common Mode Rejection (20 Hz to 20kHz): > 50dB
- Clipping Level (20Hz-20kHz at 1% THD): 1000Ω load: 2.0dBV, 2500Ω load: 8.5dBV, THD of microphone preamplifier when applied input signal is equivalent to cartridge output at specified SPL
- Self-Noise (typical, equivalent SPL, A-weighted): 8.5dB
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Switch Attenuator: -15dB
- Low Frequency Response: flat; -6dB/octave below 115 Hz; -18dB/octave below 80Hz
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio (XLR), male
- Power Requirements: 48 Vdc phantom, 5.6 mA
- Weight: 428g (15.1oz.)