Neumann TLM 67 Set Z Condenser Microphone Package
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A classic remade for the sound of a new generation.
The Neumann TLM 67 Set Z Condenser Microphone Package includes the TLM 67 mic in wood box, WS 87 windscreen, IC 3/25 microphone cable and EA 87 shockmount.
The Neumann TLM 67 microphone is based on the workhorse mic of the 1960s: the legendary Neumann U 67. Like the U 67 mic, the Neumann TLM 67 uses a K 67 capsule. In addition, the special new circuit design closely reproduces the sound characteristics of the classic U 67 mic, without the use of tubes.
The letters TLM stand for transformerless microphone. In the Neumann TLM 67 mic, an electronic circuit is used rather than a conventional output transformer. Like a transformer, the circuit ensures good common mode rejection, effectively suppressing interference signals that affect the balanced modulation line. The TLM 67 microphone can operate at sound pressure levels of up to 105 dB without distortion, and has a dynamic range of 94 dB (A-weighted), without the use of the pre-attenuation switch.
The Neumann TLM 67 mic is extremely versatile. The microphone's 3 switchable directional modes (omnidirectional, cardioid and figure-8), selectable 10 dB pre-attenuation and high-pass filter permit detailed adjustments, depending upon your recording situation.
The Neumann TLM 67 is a large-diaphragm condenser microphone in the classic Neumann style, with a unique dual-color design. The stylish pearl-gray of the microphone body combined with the classic Neumann nickel lends the microphone a touch of distinctive individuality.
The legendary, frequently imitated design of the Neumann U 67 was the first to be developed by Neumann employees in collaboration with the famous German designer, Wilhelm Braun-Feldweg. The design of the TLM 67 represents a contemporary development of that of the U 67, transferring its positive impact to the present era. The enhanced exterior design thus links past and future microphone design trends.
On the occasion of its 80th anniversary, the Neumann company is honoring its founder, Georg Neumann, with a badge on the front of the TLM 67 mic.
Due to its extensive control features, the Neumann TLM 67 microphone is suitable for a wide range of applications. In addition to its primary role as a vocal microphone for all types of music and spoken voice, in orchestral recordings the TLM 67 can be used as a main microphone and as a spot microphone for individual instruments.
The TLM 67 microphone is addressed from the side on which the Neumann logo is located.
A large wire mesh grille encloses the elastically mounted double diaphragm capsule. The directional characteristics omnidirectional, cardioid or figure-8 can be selected via a switch below the grille. The selected setting is indicated by a symbol shown in a window above the switch.
Filter and pre-attenuation
The pre-attenuation switch on the back of the microphone can be used to reduce transmission levels by approx. 10 dB. It should be used only when there is a risk of overloading following devices due to very high sound pressure levels. Use of the switch does not increase the dynamic range of the microphone, but rather shifts it by 10 dB, to higher sound pressure levels. The other switch on the back of the microphone can be used to change the cutoff frequency of the built-in high-pass filter, so as to suppress the effects of impact sound and wind noise, or to compensate for the proximity effect.
Elastic mounting of the capsule supplies protection from the transmission of structure-borne noise. If required, the EA 87 elastic suspension and WS 87 windscreen are available as accessories, for further suppression of structure-borne and wind noise. The PS 15 or PS 20 a popscreen can be used if the microphone is to be addressed at close range.
*The design of the microphone is a registered design of the Georg Neumann GmbH in certain countries.
- Sound characteristics based on the legendary U 67
- Three switchable directional characteristics (omnidirectional, cardioid and figure-8)
- Switchable high-pass filter and pre-attenuation
- Transformerless circuit technology
- New dual-color exterior design
TLM 67 Set Z Condenser Microphone Package Specifications:
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Omni/cardioid/figure-8
- Frequency range: 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 10/18/9 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1): 29/24/30 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1): 16/11/17 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 65/70/64 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 78/83/77 dB-A
- Maximum SPL (tube characteristic) for THD < 0.5 %2): 110/105/111 dB
- Maximum SPL (tube characteristic) for THD < 5 %2): 130/125/131 dB
- Maximum output voltage: -1 dBu
- Dyn. range of the mic. amplifier (A-weighted, 0.5 %2)): 94 dB
- Dyn. range of the mic. amplifier (A-weighted, 5 %2)): 104 dB
- Power supply: P48
- Matching connector: XLR 3F
- Weight: 1.08 Lb., (490 g)
- Diameter: 2.20", (56 mm)
- Length: 7.87", (200 mm)