Neumann TLM 103 Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Maximum sound quality on a minimal budget.
The award-winning TLM 103 is an ideal large-diaphragm mic for all professional and semi-professional applications. By utilizing the tried-and-true transformerless circuit found in numerous Neumann microphones, the TLM-103 features very low self-noise and the highest sound pressure level transmission. The capsule, derived from that used in the U 87, has a cardioid pattern, is acoustically well-balanced, and provides extraordinary attenuation of signals from the rear.
Includes an SG 103 swivel mount and a wooden jeweler's box.
The TLM 103 is equipped with a large diaphragm capsule with cardioid pattern. By focusing on this pattern - used in most recording situations - the attenuation of unwanted rear sound has been optimized. Off-axis sounds are rendered naturally while isolation is increased. This also leads to high feedback suppression when the microphone is used in live situations or where loudspeaker playback is a factor.
The capsule has a flat frequency response up to about 5kHz, and above that, a wide, flat 4dB presence boost. The large wire mesh headgrille protects the capsule from plosive sounds and effectively prevents pop noises. These characteristics are achieved without resorting to corrective resonance effects. Therefore, the microphone maintains an excellent impulse response and reproduces the finest details of music and speech without coloration.
With just 7dB-A/17.5dB CCIR the self-noise level is so low that even the smallest signals are reproduced basically noise-free. As it is capable of handling sound pressure levels up to 138dB without distortion, the TLM 103 provides a dynamic range of 131dB.
The entire internal construction is elastically mounted to attenuate any structure borne noise that could interfere with the TLM 103's operation. Furthermore the capsule is set on an elastic mount.
The frequency range reaches below 20Hz and thus even very low bass signals are reproduced without coloration. Due to this low frequency extension, the TLM 103 is more sensitive to structure borne interference and wind noise.
Requires phantom power. Shockmount sold separately.
- Large diaphragm mic
- Proven circuit used in numerous Neumanns
- Low self-noise
- High SPL transmission
- Cardioid pattern capsule derived from the U 87
- Includes swivel mount and wooden jeweler's box
TLM 103 Condenser Microphone Specifications:
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20Hz-20kHz
- Sensitivity @ 1kHz into 1kohm: 21mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1000 ohms
- Equivalent SPL CCIR 468-3: 17.5dB
- Equivalent SPL DIN/IEC 651: 7dB-A
- S/N ratio CCIR 468-3: 76.5dB
- S/N ratio DIN/IEC 651: 87dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 138dB
- Maximum output voltage: 13dBu
- Dynamic range of the microphone amplifier DIN/IEC 651: 131dB
- Supply voltage: 48V±4V
- Current consumption: 3mA
- Matching connector: XLR 3F
- Weight: approx. 500g
- Diameter: 60mm
- Length: 132mm