Neumann Solution D TLM 103 D Mic Starter Set with S/PDIF Interfacen - 44.1/48kHzProduct #279504 Neumann 279504 YNAA Condenser Microphones https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
Digital version of the TLM 103 with built-in A/D and easy S/PDIF digital connection.
The Solution D Mic Starter Set S/PDIF includes a Neumann TLM 103 D microphone and a S/PDIF onnection kit. This setup gives you an price friendly entry into the world of digital microphones. The starter kit permits easy connection of a Neumann TLM 103 D microphone to the widely used S/PDIF interfaces. All standard sampling frequencies are supported, from 44.1 kHz to 192 kHz.
For those budgeting for future purchases of recording equipment, an A/D converter is already integrated into this Neumann digital microphone system, and a preamplifier is not required. Another advantage is the elimination of compatibility considerations. All of the components are available from a single source, so that the Neumann microphone sound can be captured on your digital recording medium with no coloration.
ThIs Neumann system can be expanded at any time by acquiring a separate Neumann DMI-2 and the RCS remote control software to take advantage of additional switchable parameters and remotely controlled functions.
TLM 103 D digital large-diaphragm microphone
The TLM 103 D, available immediately, is the digital version of a classicNeumann mic for use in home recording and project studios.
In the microphone, the Neumann A/D converter which has been extensively proven in the D-01 receives the output signal directly from the capsule. With a dynamic range exceeding that of the capsule, the converter permits optimal utilization of the capsule qualities. This ensures that the capsule signal is made available to the recording system without any coloration, with a hitherto unknown transparency.
If required, the DSP functions integrated into the microphone can be configured and controlled remotely via the DMI-2 digital microphone interface and the RCS remote control software. These functions include gain setting, a compressor/limter with an additional de-esser function, and a peak limiter. The digital concept proves particularly beneficial here. The peak limiter, which receives the output signal almost directly from the capsule, acts as an automatic "safety valve", permitting safe exploitation of the entire available dynamic range even in stressful recording situations.
For the purpose of clear identification, information concerning the name of the manufacturer, model, serial number and installed software version is transmitted by the microphones to the connected receiver.
The microphone is equipped with a 3-pin XLR connector for transmission of a bi-directional signal conforming to the AES 42 standard. This signal includes the balanced digital microphone output signal, the phantom power supply, and a remote control data stream that also contains a signal for synchronizing the microphone with a master clock.
•A universal cardioid mic
•Announcer's mic for broadcasting/voice over
•Due to minimal self-noise: on-air mic for radio/broadcast, very low
•amplitude signals, radio drama, sampling, foley/sound effects
•Home recording and project studios
•Spot mic for: wind instruments, strings, percussion, guitar amps, drum overhead
- Legendary Neumann sound in the digital realm.
- Uncolored sound reproduction, with no "bottlenecks" between the capsule and the recording system.
- Neumann A/D converters
- Anti-clipping processing ensures handling safety, and reduces stress.
- Reduced time requirements and personnel costs, particularly due to faster post production processing.
- Lower investment costs, since separate A/D converters and preamps are no longer needed. This also means space and weight savings (e.g. in the OB van).
Enjoy Neumann sound direct to disk and save on future investments — no additional A-D or preamp required.
Solution D TLM 103 D Mic Starter Set with S/PDIF Interfacen - 44.1/48kHz Specifications:
- TLM 103 D Microphone
- Acoustic transducer: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional characteristic: Cardioid
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Free-field sensitivity2):—39 dBFS
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR4): 17.5 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted4): 7 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio3), CCIR4): 76.5 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio3), A-weighted4): 87 dB
- Maximum SPL at 0 dBFS: 127 dBSPL
- Dynamic range, A-weighted4): 127 dB
- Sampling rates: 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz
- Preset Gain: 10 dB (variable with DMI-2)
- Weight: approx. 1 Lb., 460 g
- Diameter: 2.36", 60 mm
- Length: 4.72", 132 mm
- Connection Kit S/PDIF Specifications
- Connector: input XLR3F, output Cinch (XLR3M)
- Weight: approx. 0.21 Lb., 96 g
- Width: .90 ", 32 mm
- Height: 1.02", 26 mm
- Length: 4.13", 105 mm