Neumann KM 184 Small Diaphragm Condenser MicrophoneProduct #272019 Neumann 272019 YNAA Condenser Microphones https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
The global studio standard for drum overhead miking.
The Neumann KM 184 Small Diaphram Cardioid Microphone has become the classic high-quality miniature microphone. The pressure gradient transducer used in the KM 184 features very smooth frequency response not only for the 0° axis, but also for lateral (off-axis) sound incidence. In typical usage, there is no coloration of sound over a wide pickup angle.
Although the KM 184 has the same capsule as the KM 84, the microphone differs slightly on the 0° frequency response: The KM 184 has a gentle rise at about 9 kHz (which brings out the sizzle in cymbals), a characteristic that was introduced very successfully with the KM 140. The result is a tonal balance that is fresher and livelier when compared to the KM 84 with its flat frequency response in that band. This difference was achieved with just a slight change of the capsule's rear opening, and is not due to resonances.
With the same transformerless circuitry as is used in the KM 100 system, the KM 184 has excellent technical specifications. Compared to the KM 84 the dynamic range of the KM 184 increased by 24 dB mainly through the reduction of self-noise level to only 22 dB (CCIR) and an increased sound pressure handling capability of up to 138 dB. The KM 184 mic will operate without any problems, even if the input of following equipment happens to be unbalanced, for example as in some DAT recorders. The output is balanced and phantom (48V) powered.
The KM 184 is a good economical alternative choice for users looking for a high-quality miniature microphone. You don't have to give up the electroacoustic features you expect from a Neumann microphone!
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- Transformerless circuitry
- Trouble-free operation even with unbalanced equipment
- Balanced output
- phantom powered (48V)
KM 184 Small Diaphragm Condenser Microphone Specifications:
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure/Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 15 mV/Pa*
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1000 ohms
- Equivalent SPL CCIR 468-3: 22 dB
- Equivalent SPL DIN/IEC 651: 13 dB-A
- S/N ratio CCIR 468-3: 72 dB
- S/N ratio DIN/IEC 651: 81 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 138 dB
- Maximum output voltage: 10 dBu
- Supply voltage: 48 V ± 4 V
- Current consumption: 3.2 mA
- Matching connectors: XLR 3F
- Weight: approx. 80 g
- Diameter: .86", 22 mm
- Length: 4.2", 107 mm