A studio workhorse that captures all the nuances.
Incorporating a Figure 8 polar pattern and a 1.8-micron aluminum ribbon, the R144 ribbon mic offers breathtaking sound for vocal and instrument recordings. It's an excellent microphone for broadcast applications and also performs brilliantly on strings, horns, acoustic guitars, and other acoustic instruments. The MXL R-144 offers high SPL capability, outstanding side rejection and precise directivity.
- Figure 8 polar pattern for outstanding side rejection and precise directivity
- High SPL capability
- Delivers an unbelievably natural sound and stunning realism for vocal and instrument recordings
- Distinctive body design with purple and chrome metal finish
- Includes R144 ribbon microphone, shockmount, carrying case, cleaning cloth, manual, & application guide
- Wired with Mogami cable
- Recommended for:
- Electric guitar
- Brass horns
A great edition for any studio's mic arsenal!
R144 Ribbon Microphone Specifications:
- Type: Ribbon Velocity Microphone
- Ribbon Element: 1.8-micron aluminum ribbon
- Ribbon Length: 47mm/1.85 in.
- Frequency Range: 20Hz -17kHz
- Polar Pattern: Figure 8
- Sensitivity: -56 dB (0 dB=1V/Pa)
- Impedance: 250 ohms
- Rated Load Impedance: >1500 Ohms
- Max SPL for 0.1% THD: >130 dB @1 kHz
- Size: 47mm x 171mm/1.85 in. x 6.75 in.
- Weight: 400g/0.85 lbs
- Metal Finish: Purple and chrome