Mojave Audio MA-201 FET Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Superb performance and warm, full-bodied sound from the bench of mic design guru, David Royer.
The MA-201 fet is a large diaphragm, phantom-powered, solid-state condenser microphone with a fixed cardioid pattern. With its roots in a lineage of microphone designs by David Royer, one of an elite group of microphone designers who know that music and sound are inseparable from electronic design, the MA-201 FET
Microphone offers warm, full-bodied reproductions of vocals and instruments, with none of the shrillness and high frequency distortion artifacts that are often encountered with modern condenser microphones.
Using a 3-micron gold-sputtered capsule, high-quality Jensen audio transformer, military-grade FET and custom designed low-noise resistors, the MA-201 FET performs at a level reminiscent of some of the best loved classic condenser microphones. Each Mojave MA-201 FET microphone is carefully tested and evaluated, then packaged in its protective case with a professional grade shockmount.
Voice Over and Broadcast
High SPL sources, such as Kick Drums and Bass Guitar Amps
Drum Overheads, Drum Rooms
- Hand-selected 3-micron 1" capsule
- Jensen audio transformer
- Military-grade FET
- Custom designed low-noise resistors
- Ultra clean signal path
If you're looking for performance that far exceeds price, look no farther than the MA-201 FET.
MA-201 FET Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone Specifications:
- Transducer Type: Externally polarized pressure gradient capacitor
- Diaphram: 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered
- Diaphram Thinkness: 3-micron
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz-20kHz, + 3dB
- Sensitivity: -39 dB re. 1V/pa
- Maximum Spl: 125 dB
- Distortion: <1% @120dB SPL, <3% @134dB SPL
- Self Noise: 14dB nominal, not to exceed 16dB (A weighted)
- Impedance: 550 ohms, transformer balanced (Jensen)
- Powering: 48VDC phantom power; current .68mA.
- Dimensions And Weight:
- Carrying case with microphone, shock mount: 10" x 9" x 4.5", 4 lbs.
- Microphone: 7 5/8" x 2", 1 lb.