Mojave Audio MA-101fet Small Diaphragm Solid State Condenser Mic
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
High SPL-handling, interchangeable capsules, and great Mojave sound for miking everything from acoustic guitars to drums.
The Mojave Audio MA-101fet is a small diaphragm, solid-state condenser microphone with interchangeable cardioid and omnidirectional capsules. Designed by renowned microphone designer David Royer, the MA101fet mic combines the features of two of Mojave Audio's popular models - the cardioid and omnidirectional capsules from the MA-100 with the electronics from the MA-201fet mic.
The Mojave MA-101fet condenser mic has an internally switchable -15dB pad, increasing the headroom to an ear shattering 135dB SPL. This makes the MA-101fet suitable for everything from capturing the subtle nuances of acoustic instruments to the loudest of electric guitars and drums-great for location recording, too.
Featuring hand-selected, 3-micron cardioid and omni capsules, a high-quality Jensen audio transformer and military-grade FET and custom designed low noise resistors; the Mojave Audio MA-101fet condenser mic is designed to offer excellent performance for a wide variety of applications. Each Mojave MA-101fet microphone is carefully tested and evaluated, then packaged in its protective case.
- Acoustic instruments
- Location recording
- High-SPL sources, such as kick drums and bass
- Guitar amps
- Electric guitars
-Snare drums, toms, and drum overheads
The Mojave Audio Story
David Royer started Mojave Audio in 1985 in the garage of his house. The location was Fullerton, California, and Mojave Audio was a one-man, custom pro audio gear shop. David is well known for his ribbon microphone designs with Royer Labs, but he originally started out designing and building vacuum tube microphones, mic pre's and compressors for engineers in the Los Angeles area.
Since the rebirth of Mojave Audio in 2005, a loyal following of satisfied mic owners continues to grow daily.
- Interchangeable, hand-selected cardioid and omnidirectional 3-micron capsules
- Internally switchable -15dB attenuator
- Jensen audio transformer
- Military-grade FET
- Custom-designed low-noise resistors
- Ultra clean signal path
A professional's first-call instrument mic at project studio prices, as only Mojave can make. Order today!
MA-101fet Small Diaphragm Solid State Condenser Mic Specifications:
- Capsules: Interchangeable cardioid and omnidirectional
- Diaphragm: .8" (20.5 mm) diameter
- Diaphragm thickness: 3-micron
- Frequency Response: 30Hz - 18kHz +/- 2.5dB
- Sensitivity: -39dB re.1V/pa +/- 1.5dB
- Maximum SPL: 125dB pad off, 140dB pad on
- Distortion: <1% @ 120dB pad off, <1 % @ 135dB pad on
- Self-noise: 14dB nominal, not to exceed 16dB (A-weighted)
- Impedance: 550 ohms, transformer-balanced (Jensen)
- Power requirements: 48VDC phantom power, .68mA wall current
- Dimensions and weight: Carrying case with microphone: 8-5/16" x 6-11/16" x 3-5/16" (21 x 17 x 8.5 cm), weight 1.8 lbs, (0.82 KG) Microphone: 6-3/4" x 1-1/8", weight 8 oz