A versatile stereo tube pair with interchangeable capsules.
The Mojave Audio MA-100SP is a matched pair of MA-100 small-diaphragm, vacuum-tube condensers with interchangeable cardioid and omnidirectional capsules and dual power supplies. Packaged in a single carrying case, the MA-100SP provides professional recording engineers with a convenient, easy to set up system for stereo recording applications.
The small diaphragm MA-100 condenser microphone with interchangeable cardioid and omnidirectional capsules. Featuring hand selected 3-micron capsules, high-quality Jensen audio transformers and military-grade JAN 5840 vacuum tubes, the MA-100 performs at a level reminiscent of some of the best-loved classic small-diaphragm tube condenser microphones. The MA-100 power supply can be set for either 115v or 230v via an external switch.
The latest in a lineage of successful microphone designs by David Royer, one of an elite group of microphone designers who know that music and sound are inseparable from electronic design, the Mojave MA-100 microphone's cathode follower design allows use on high SPL instruments such as drums and guitar amplifiers, as well as the more common applications of a small diaphragm, vacuum tube condenser microphone, such as acoustic instruments, cymbals, stereo pairs and pianos. Each MA-100 microphone, power supply and cable set is burned in for 24 hours, carefully tested and evaluated, then packaged in its protective case.
Small Diaphragm—Big Sound!
Why choose a small diaphragm microphone? Because small diaphragm microphones offer some distinct advantages over their larger brethren:
•More consistent polar pattern
•Better transient response
•Ease of placement
Why choose an MA-100 Mic from Mojave Audio?
•Extended low-frequency response
•High SPL handling capability—try putting your large-diaphragm mic on a snare drum!
Stereo Pairs (X/Y, MS, etc.)
Voice-overs and Broadcast
- Matched pair of small-diaphragm condenser microphones
- Interchangeable cardioid and omnidirectional capsules
- Hand-selected 3-micron capsule
- Jensen audio transformer
- Military grade JAN 5840 vacuum tubes
- External switchable power supply voltage
- Ultra clean signal path
- High SPL handling capability
A must-hear stereo pair for X/Y, MS, or coincident miking — the biggest sound you'll hear from a small diaphragm.
MA-100SP Stereo Microphone Pair Specifications:
- Transducer Type: Externally excited capacitor type
- Diaphragm: .8" / 20.5 mm diameter
- Diaphragm Thickness: 3 microns
- Polar Response: Interchangeable Cardioid and Omnidirectional Capsules
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, ±3dB
- Sensitivity: -37dB re 1V/pa
- Maximum SPL: 120dB
- Distortion: head amp only , not to exceed .4% @ 140 dB SPL
- Self Noise: Not to exceed 16dB
- Impedance: 450 ohms, transformer balanced
- Vacuum Tube: 5840 pentode wired as triode, operated as a unity-gain buffer stage (cathode follower)
- Power Requirements: 100-120VAC; 220-240VAC, 50 or 60 Hz. Power consumption approx. 10 watts.
- Dimensions And Weight: Carrying case with microphone, power supply, shock mount and cables: 9.5 lbs.
- Carrying Case: 14"x11"x4"
- Microphone: 5.5"x.75", weight 4.5 oz each