Manley Reference Cardioid MicrophoneProduct #620894 Manley 620894 YNAA Condenser Microphones https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
A tube mic with the highly sought-after qualities of vintage European studio mics.
The Manley Reference Cardioid Microphone shares the same electronic attributes as the Gold Reference Series, but has a center-fixed cardioid-only capsule with a thicker gauge (6 micron) gold sputtered diaphragm. With similar film thickness and construction; high frequency resonance (a little edge); proximity effect; and pretty good immunity from pops and sibilance problems, the Reference Cardioid more closely recalls how many of the vintage European tube mics such as the beloved U47 sounded like when they were new.
The Manley mic's rich tonal balance and liquid character is consistently admired for instruments such as guitars, drum overheads, saxophone, and especially vocals. With your present mic, if you find yourself leaning on your compressors and boosting 5 or 10K to score a bit more testosterone, then the Reference Cardioid just might be the mic you're looking for. If you seem to be constantly boosting 12-18K and trying to get a clean, intimate sound, then the Reference Gold is definitely a safe bet.
A proven hit-maker, the Manley Reference Cardioid Microphone was used to record all the vocals for Britney Spears, N'Sync, and The Backstreet Boys.
- All-Tube triode design
- -10 dB switchable pad
- Frequency response: 10Hz-30KHz
- Sensitivity: 17mV/Pa
- Noise typically -120dB EIN
- Max SPL: 150dB
- Actual output impedance 200 ohms
- Weight: 2.25 Lbs.
- Selected matched pairs available
- Custom transformerless internal preamp version also available to order
- Outboard Power Supply is factory set for 100V, 120V or 220-240VAC operation
- for original destination country's mains voltage.
- Operating Mains Voltage changeable with power transformer re-wiring via switch and fuse value change.
- Mains Voltage Frequency: 50 - 60Hz