- Buy New
Picks up and delivers every word fully and naturally.
The RE90BW Boundary Mic is a full-range condenser microphone designed to be used for surface mounted applications such as distance learning centers, video conferencing systems, teleconferencing systems, and sound reinforcement. The polar pattern of the RE90BW is half-cardioid (half-space cardioid) to promote good gain-before-feedback and suppress ambient noise. All boundary type microphones operated on a flat surface are subject to an increase in sensitivity of the microphone with increasing frequency; this is called the baffle effect. To counteract this effect, the RE90BW has been designed with internal equalization to give it a flat sensitivity response. The RE90BW is designed to be powered by an external 9-52 V dc phantom power supply (DIN 45 596).
The RE90BW microphone is encased in a heavy-duty zinc die cast body protected by a strong, perforated steel screen. The body of the microphone is designed to provide two distinctive functions. First, the case is electronically isolated from the surface that it is placed on by virtue of the rubber friction pad and the internal fiber washers when permanently mounted. Second, the microphone's miniature cable can be routed directly from the rear of the microphone, or the cable may be directed from the bottom of the microphone though the table top without exposing the microphone cable. The microphone cable is connected to the microphone by a pilfer-resistant internal terminal block. For permanent installation, a drilling template is provided.
The RE90BW's body is designed as a low-profile housing and are shock mounted through a combination of a heavy die-cast case, a rubber nonslip bottom pad, and internal padding of the microphone and printed circuit board. This combination of isolation minimizes the mechanical coupling of surface vibrations to the microphone. The RE90BW is provided with a 3.0-m (10 ft.) white miniature shielded two- conductor cable with a male XLR-type connector.
- Nonreflecting: Low-Gloss White Finish
- Ultra-Low Profile
- Half-Cardioid Polar Response Promotes Excellent Gain-Before-Feedback
- Full, Non-Slip Shock Pad Electrically and Mechanically Isolates Case from Mounting Surface
- Internally Equalized for Natural Response on Large Surfaces
- Tamper-Resistant Terminal Block Connections for Fixed or Temporary Applications
The microphone you need for the conference room. Order today.
RE90BW Boundary Microphone Specifications:
- Element: Back Electret Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Impedance, Low-Z balanced: 200 Ohms
- Connector Type: 3-pin XLR
- Open Circuit Voltage: 25 mV/Pascal
- Mic Type: Boundary
- Wired/Wireless: Wired
- Finish: Non-reflecting Black
- Finish: White
- Case Material: Die cast zinc
- Weight Net: 358 g ( 12.63 oz )
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 16 x 94 x 123 mm, (0.63" x 3.7" x 4.84")
- Microphone Applications: Speech