Behringer C-4 Small Diaphragm Condenser Mic Pair
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A pair of small condenser mics that operate in stereo to pick up precise acoustic sounds and vocal harmonies.
This microphone set includes two Behringer C-4 Small-Diaphram Condenser Microphones that are built to capture the performance of a choir, piano, or any other vocal or acoustic sound source to provide a beautiful true-to-life sound. Sold in perfectly matched pairs, these outstanding condenser mics are especially great for live applications because their non-reflective finish eliminates unwanted glare caused by stage lighting.
What is a condenser microphone?
A condenser mic is ideal for capturing vocals or acoustic instruments. Though typically used in recording settings, condenser mics can also be used live. By their very nature, condenser microphones are much more sensitive than dynamic microphones, enabling them to pick-up even the subtlest of signals. Thanks to their cardioid (heart-shaped) sound-reception pattern, C-4 microphones pickup your source signal while rejecting off-axis sounds that can ruin an otherwise perfect recording. Another difference between condenser and dynamic mics is that condenser microphones contain active circuitry that requires phantom power (+48 V DC) for operation. You can power them from most any phantom-power equipped mixer.
Once connected to your sound system, you'll notice these twin pro-caliber microphones have exceptional frequency response (an average boost of 4dB between 1kHz - 8kHz). For those of you who are new to condenser mics, this basically means you'll get a slightly brighter sound that will give the perfect shape to cymbals and overhead miking. Acoustic pianos and choirs will also benefit greatly from this frequency response.
The cardioid pickup pattern provides unparalleled sound source separation and feedback rejection. C-4 mics contain ultra-low-noise transformerless field-effect transistor (FET) input circuitry that can handle extreme dynamics (from 20 Hz to 20 kHz) and has a maximum sound pressure level of 136 dB. C-4 mics also feature a switchable low-frequency rolloff to eliminate infrasonics (mic handling noise; nasty sounds created by creaky stages), as well as a switchable -10 dB input attenuation to accommodate for hot signals, such as a really loud vocalist or an enthusiastic cellist.
- 2 professional true condenser microphones for studio recording and live applications
- Sold as matched pairâperfect for stereophonic recording
- Low-mass diaphragm for ultra-wide frequency response and ultimate sound reproduction
- Perfect for acoustic instruments, overhead, piano, etc.
- Cardioid pickup pattern for effective feedback elimination
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off and -10 dB input attenuation
- Ultra-low-noise transformerless FET input eliminates low-frequency distortion
- Gold-plated 3-pin XLR connector for highest signal integrity
Pick up all the details of your choir or acoustic jam band's sound with this pair of small stage mics perfect for stereophonic recording. Order today!
C-4 Small Diaphragm Condenser Mic Pair Specifications:
- Transducer type: condenser, 0.63''
- Polar pattern: cardioid
- Connector: gold-plated balanced XLR connector
- Open circuit sensitivity: (@ 1 kHz) -38 dBV (0 dBV = 1 V/Pa)
- Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Level attenuation: -10 dB, switchable
- Low-cut filter: 6 dB/octave @ 120 Hz (switchable)
- Max. SPL (â¤ 1 % THD @ 1 kHz): 136 dB
- Nominal impedance: 75 Ohms
- Load impedance: > 1 kOhms
- Supply voltage: +48 V
- Supply current: 3 mA
- Dimensions: shaft diameter: 0.9", length: 3.7"
- Weight: approx. 0.1 lb.