Audio-Technica U853A Cardioid Condenser Hanging MicrophoneProduct #270494 Audio-Technica 270494 YNAA Condenser Microphones https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
Ideal for speech, theater, orchestra and choir sound reinforcement and recording.
Audio Technica U853A Unipoint hanging cardioid condenser mic
Maintaining the Audio-Technica tradition of clear and transparent sound quality, the U853A cardioid condenser hanging microphone is ideal for speech, theater, orchestra and choir sound reinforcement and recording. The microphone's fast transient response and low distortion characteristics allow every complex detail to be heard with all its impact-rich, vibrant qualities faithfully reproduced. Equipped with UniGuard innovations that offer unsurpassed immunity from radio frequency interference, the U853A accepts interchangeable elements, available in cardioid, hypercardioid, omnidirectional and UniLine line cardioid polar patterns. The battery- or phantom-powered microphone also offers an 80 Hz low-cut UniSteep filter that reduces pickup of low-frequency ambient noise.
- Designed for suspension over choirs, instrumental groups and theater stages
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- UniSteep filter provides a steep low-frequency attenuation to improve sound pickup without affecting voice quality
- Accepts interchangeable elements to permit angle of acceptance from 90 degrees to 360 degrees
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance finish for minimum visibility
- Available in two colors: black (U853A) and white (U853AW)
- Operates on battery or phantom power
An overhead mic that makes your sound the star. Order today.
U853A Cardioid Condenser Hanging Microphone Specifications:
- ACCESSORIES FURNISHED: AT8153 two-stage foam windscreen; AT8451 steel hanger; AT8531 power module; AT8438 5/8"-27 stand adapter; battery
AUDIO-TECHNICA CASE STYLE: M12
BATTERY CURRENT / LIFE: 0.4 mA / 1200 hours typical (alkaline)
BATTERY TYPE: 1.5V AA/UM3
CABLE: 25.0' (7.6 m) long (permanently attached to microphone), 0.13" (3.2 mm) diameter, 2-conductor, shielded cable with TA3F-type connector
DIMENSIONS (MICROPHONE): 1.34" (34.0 mm) long, 0.48" (12.2 mm) diameter
DIMENSIONS (POWER MODULE): 3.31" (84.0 mm) H x 2.48" (63.0 mm) W x 0.87" (22.0 mm) D
DYNAMIC RANGE (typical): Phantom: 109 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL Battery: 99 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
ELEMENT: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 30-20,000 Hz
IMPEDANCE: Phantom: 200 ohms Battery: 270 ohms
LOW FREQUENCY ROLL-OFF: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL: Phantom: 133 dB, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D. Battery: 123 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY: Phantom: -42 dB (7.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa Battery: -43 dB (7.0 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
OPTIONAL INTERCHANGEABLE ELEMENTS: UE-H hypercardioid (100); UE-O omnidirectional (360); UE-UL UniLine (90)
OUTPUT CONNECTOR (POWER MODULE): Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
POLAR PATTERN: Cardioid
SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO: 70 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
SWITCH: Off, on-flat, on-roll-off
WEIGHT (MICROPHONE): 0.5 oz (14 g)
WEIGHT (POWER MODULE): 4.9 oz (139 g)