Audio-Technica U851RW UniPoint Cardioid Condenser Boundary Microphone
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A mic that gets tough jobs done right in recording and sound reinforcement.
The phantom-powered U851RW UniPoint Cardioid Condenser Boundary Microphone features a PivotPoint rotating output connector, UniSteep filter and UniGuard RFI-shielding technology. Offering outstanding speech intelligibility and transparent sound quality for surface-mount applications, the U851RW boundary mic accepts interchangeable condenser elements--available for boundary microphones in cardioid, hypercardioid and omnidirectional polar patterns. With a heavy die-cast case and silicon foam bottom pads to minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone, the Audio Technica U851RW is equipped with self-contained electronics, eliminating the need for an external power module.
- Designed for surface-mount applications such as high-quality sound reinforcement, professional recording, television, conferencing and other demanding sound pickup situations
- PivotPoint rotating output connector allows cable to exit from either the rear or the bottom of the microphone
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- Self-contained electronics eliminate need for external power module
- Small-diameter UniPoint capsule near boundary eliminates phase distortion and delivers clear, high-output performance
- Heavy die-cast case and non-slip silicon foam bottom pads minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance finish for minimum visibility
Order today and be equipped for handling those critical recording applications.
U851RW UniPoint Cardioid Condenser Boundary Microphone Specifications:
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Half cardioid (carioid in hemisphere above mounting surface)
- Frequency Response: 30-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll-off: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: —34 dB (11.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: Phantom 200 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 134 dB, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 108 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 68 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Switch: Flat, rool-off
- Weight: 9.2 oz (262 g)
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 4.25" x 3.31 x 0.91", (108.0 mm x 84.0 mm x 23.0 mm)
- Output Connector: TB3M-type
- Cable: 25.0' (7.6 m) long, 0.13" (3.2 mm) diameter, 2-conductor, shielded cable with TA3F and XLRM-type connectors
- Optional Interchangeable Elements: UE-H hypercardioid (100°); UE-O omnidirectional (360°)
- Accessories Furnished: Soft Protective Pouch